Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2017, 12:24 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default RAM Clearance in the Corsair 570X

Hi,

My build is currently in an In win 805 and as much as I love its visual appeal. I want to move my system into the Corsair 570X. However, I have one deal-breaking question:

- Will a top-mounted H100i V2 and Trident Z RGB RAM have enough clearance with ML120 fans?

A few techtubers including HWC mentioned no clearance for Corsair Vengeance LED RAM. I also saw that Jay did a 570X build and fit Trident Z RAM but has his fans on the opposite side of the radiator.

If anyone has an answer to this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old February 24, 2017, 03:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It usually doesn't matter where the fans are, if there is sufficient clearance with the fans oriented one way versus another there will be sufficient clearance as long as the thickness is the same. Your biggest issue would likely be that you wont' be able to remove/swap the RAM with the fans installed, so take note of that.

If that's something that you might need, the best bet would be to have the fans at the bottom of the radiator, for easier removal to give clearance for RAM swaps.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old February 24, 2017, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Maybe you should consider a phantek case.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old February 24, 2017, 07:34 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

@10e at 6:15 of Dmitri's review shows that Corsair RAM and ML120s will not fit in any radiator setup. The best would be if someone who's built in a 570X and can verify if it will 100% fit a H100i and Trident Z RAM

@clshades The Phanteks Evolv TG is nice but it's not the 'look' I'm going for with my RGB build.
Old February 24, 2017, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I watched his video on this case. If it were me I would put the rad on the front mount instead or wait until they come up with version 2 of this case.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old February 25, 2017, 12:12 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hopefully a later revision comes this year with better ram clearance. Strange how Corsair didn't consider the clearance of their own brand of high profile LED RAM let alone high profile RAM in general.

Yep, most likely will have to wait or buy a different case...
Old February 25, 2017, 12:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noculus View Post
@10e at 6:15 of Dmitri's review shows that Corsair RAM and ML120s will not fit in any radiator setup. The best would be if someone who's built in a 570X and can verify if it will 100% fit a H100i and Trident Z RAM

@clshades The Phanteks Evolv TG is nice but it's not the 'look' I'm going for with my RGB build.
You mentioned you had Trident Z RAM, not Corsair.

Go for the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Better case on all accounts than the Corsair 570X, and better airflow than the Evolv. These cases are wider and off-set the radiator further away from the motherboard and will 100% give you sufficient clearance with a 120mm fan based radiator.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old April 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I (already bought) the case and with the measuring I am doing I also concur that I don't think you can fit a rad/fan assembly at the top and have it clear the RAM. its definitely a shame as it is a really pretty case (I also like the Phantek) but Corsair really dropped the ball on that (and the fixed PSU shroud to). I am going to have to be very creative with this build.

GL!

Tags
build , case , clearance , corsair , ram