Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 31, 2013, 09:48 AM
Rookie

Question Build Questions

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could get good PCI fan controllers, that are like the one Fractal Design Provided with there "Fractal Design Mini" as The case I'm going for has a fan controller, but can only control up to 3 fans, and I'm going to be adding more than 3 fans, in total there will be 5 fans (not including the CPU cooler fans) But really all I need is a PCI fan controller, not the one that NZXT made, I think its the Sentry LXE. as I feel it is a little "OTT" and don't fancy the big controller on my desk.
Old December 31, 2013, 10:28 AM
Rookie

Question PUSH VS PULL?>

Hey guys, when I get round to building my new PC I'm gonna have a radiator in it, but what would you say was the best for cooling... Push or Pull?
Old December 31, 2013, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In terms of raw performance there is no difference.

In terms of noise plain push is usually better than plain pull.

I myself use shrouded fans in pull for noise and convenience. (pull is easier to clean, just dust off the rad)
Old December 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Rookie

Default Corsair AF 120mm fans

Hi guys, I'm planning on using them, but im not sure if the cables they have from the front panel will reach the Case fans on my motherboard, does anyone know the length of these fan cables?
Old December 31, 2013, 08:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Push and Pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewbarnaby View Post
Hey guys, when I get round to building my new PC I'm gonna have a radiator in it, but what would you say was the best for cooling... Push or Pull?
Why choose - I have two fans on my CPU cooler in "push-pull" formation. And I suppose with three fans sucking air in, and three fans pumping air out, that's a push and pull too.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old January 1, 2014, 05:45 AM
Rookie

Question What does a Wireless adapter do?

Hi guys, I thought I knew what it did but now I want to double check, if I have it in my PC does it alow my pc to connect to the wireless router? And also what else does a wifi adapter do, does it let me create wifi hotspots to or something?
Old January 1, 2014, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

yes it does

a wireless network
Your WiFi hot spot from a wifi router allowing computers, smartphones, or other devices to connect to the Internet or communicate with one another wirelessly within a particular area.

Quote:
Donít use an open network

The simplest way to share an internet connection with the world at large is to make your existing wireless network unsecured, so that any device within range can connect. Thereís a certain seductive simplicity to this approach Ė but it carries risks. Anyone who connects will be able to access not only your internet connection, but other networked resources such as shared drives.
This means youíre effectively throwing your privacy out of the window, so it isnít something weíd recommend for individuals, much less for businesses. Even if you donít have shared resources, allowing anonymous outsiders to connect to your primary network gives them a perfect opportunity to try out exploits and compromises. Remember, too, that Wi-Fi passes through walls, so even if you allow only trusted visitors onto your premises, you could be hacked by someone standing outside on the pavement. Since all network traffic on an open wireless network is unencrypted, itís even possible for your online activity to be intercepted and spied on in real time. If youíre a business that holds confidential information, you could be sued for failing to protect your customersí data.
so protect network Your private network should be secured with WPA or WPA2 encryption

a wifi adapter do ? allows you send/receive wireless data

Last edited by KaptCrunch; January 1, 2014 at 06:33 AM.