Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2013, 09:23 PM
Top Prospect

Default New WorkBuild

Hello everybody!

I haven't been active on this forum in quite a long time. I have also forgotten all of my computer knowledge somewhere in my past too.

I need some advice on putting together a system.
I will be using this system for 30% Gaming, 50% Music/Picture/Video Editing, 20% etc.
Budget would be $3000

Thanks!
Old December 27, 2013, 11:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinticfury View Post
Hello everybody!

I haven't been active on this forum in quite a long time. I have also forgotten all of my computer knowledge somewhere in my past too.

I need some advice on putting together a system.
I will be using this system for 30% Gaming, 50% Music/Picture/Video Editing, 20% etc.
Budget would be $3000

Thanks!
There are many things to consider. Do you care about the looks, want led lights, prefer silence or want to keep clean and water cooled? Give some background on the environment (example: on your desk, office, etc.). Honestly $3000 is more than enough to get the best of the best CPU and GPU (i7 CPU and GTX 780ti GPU)
Old December 27, 2013, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

if you are video editing you want as many cores on the CPU as possible. GPU doesn't matter as much. Also the more ram you can through at it the better. You'll need a reasonably fast spin point drive as the SSD's get destroyed compiling files. But I find the software on a good SSD really helps move things along better.

770 for gaming would be plenty. I would spend money on the mobo/cpu/ram before anything else. Dual or triple rad an all in one water cooler for the cpu too... they heat up pretty good compiling video.

32gig on the ram MIN
6 core intel for an effective 12 cores
decent stable board that can overclock a little to really pound through the compiling process.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 27, 2013, 09:50 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Basically what Hades said. A lot of ram, a good CPU, and some SSD's. You could probably get a Liquid CPU cooler as well, Overclock it to get that extra punch. And maybe a 780 GPU seeing as you have a really high budget you could probably fit this into it :)
New Build: MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming, Intel I5-4670K, Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H, Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD, Zalman Z9 Plus Case, Corsair H80i CPU Liquid Cooler. Antec 850W Pro.