Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2013, 07:09 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Need advise on HD mounting placement.

Hi everyone

I need some advise where to mount my WD 2TB black storage drive in my case.

I posted a small video on youtube where you can see what I plan to do in my upcomming build.

Any helps is much apreciated.

/asusg4mer

Link to youtube video : Where to mount my storage HD in my corsair 750d - YouTube
Old November 5, 2013, 09:25 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

yes, put it in your 5.25 bays with a "3.5 to 5.25 adapter" for a few bucks amazon .ca (StarTech.com 3.5 Inch Universal Hard Drive Mounting Bracket Adapter for 5.25 Inch Bay (BRACKET) but they are not colored black; spray paint them or plastidip?)

Nice PC btw and also user name for youtube. You should put all descriptions in the About section of the Youtube video to help people build a nice pc like that.

Last edited by Arinoth; November 5, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old November 5, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sorry didn't watch the video, do you not have any spare HDD slots available? If you have full with SSD's just move an SSD to petty much anywhere (use some Velcro to mount or two side tape).

EDIT: Watched your video, so you'll only have room in the case for a single Drive rack? Sorry chain saw wailing away here next door I'm having coffee on my patio, if only a single Drive cage I'm assuming you have 1 or 2 SSD's? What about mounting one SSD right on top of the Drive Cage with Velcro, this'd SSD' a take up such little space they can be put anywhere your SATA power n data cables can reach.

Last edited by rjbarker; November 5, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old November 5, 2013, 09:31 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

What is that chair you have in your videos? It looks comfy with mesh and headrest?
Old November 5, 2013, 12:55 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmehereajax View Post
yes, put it in your 5.25 bays with a "3.5 to 5.25 adapter" for a few bucks amazon .ca (StarTech.com 3.5 Inch Universal Hard Drive Mounting Bracket Adapter for 5.25 Inch Bay (BRACKET) but they are not colored black; spray paint them or plastidip?)
Thanks this will work great.

Quote:
What is that chair you have in your videos? It looks comfy with mesh and headrest?
Cant remember the name I bought it in IKEA Really happy with it.

Quote:
Nice PC btw and also user name for youtube. You should put all descriptions in the About section of the Youtube video to help people build a nice pc like that.

Last edited by Arinoth; November 5, 2013 at 01:24 PM.