Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2013, 03:48 PM
Rookie

Core007x, I am really nervous about liquid cooling... I was looking at that and am still debating getting it because of size concerns with that other cooler. And thanks SSWilson
Old October 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualbliss84 View Post
Entilza, I checked out NCIX, their prices are insane compared to the one one newegg. $50 more for the same processor and they do not have the same mobo.
Which processor? For NCIX You have to click further in sometimes they have on their specials of the week.

Also they can get any board in 1 day usually.

Ncix:

4770K: $344.99

4820k: $339.99

newegg:

4820k: $349.99
4770k: 344.99

But regardless of all the above, the point of my message was you can call them and they will bundle everything for you perhaps even less than the site prices. Or even some of the other suppliers like Canada Computers... I am not sure if newegg will do anything like that correct me if I am wrong.
Old October 8, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Welcome to HWC:

1. As Stoanee mentioned, drop the Air Cooler and splurge a bi more for a decent AIO Liquid Cooler....there so efficient, easy to install (easier than most Air Coolers imo) and far smaller footprint..H100i, H220 or H320 (the latter only if your case has the space).
2. No need for a 6 Core CPU unless your into video encoding, unless you just "want one"...nothing wrong with that either :)
3. BUILD IT YOUSELF !!!!! Someone mention NCIX build it because you "may: run into issues with DOA Parts....cant disagree more...you're an IT guy, I'm not..BUT if you're like me 90% of the fun is building it and being able to look at afterwards knowing you built it!!! I still get a rush everytime I hit the power button for the first time and it posts!! It would be like buying a model airplane, letting someone else hav al the fun building it....then you just play n look at it!! Besides, once you build a Rig yourself, you know your Rig..inside n out.

btw...I had a RIVE Mobo with a dead RAM Slot....no biggie really....think it was 8 days to RMA to NCIX (including a weekend)...I've bought literally thousands of dollars in parts from either NCIX, Direct Canada and Newegg and the Mobo is the only thing I've had to RMA.

Enjoy the build when you get around to it.....oh and yes, get 2 Cards, once you SLi...you'll never go back to a single Card ;)

Old October 8, 2013, 04:11 PM
Rookie

Thanks WolfBane. Entilza, I am looking more at the 4930. :S Been looking at some bench marks. 4770 vs 4820 vs 4930. Instead of hybrid drives, I am now looking at 4 1TB seagate drives. Riad 10. 10$ more for 4 of those... May go crazy and get 4 2TB but... I don't think I would ever use ll the space and I don't want to be wasteful. Going to check a few sites now that you mention also and also the sites rjbarker mentioned. I'd love to wait till black Friday but... I dont think I can hold out. 4 days without a desktop and I'm going kinda wacko.

I am looking at the h100i for sure... Again... Liquid makes me nervous... Never done it.
Old October 8, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Dont be nervous about going liquid AIO.....(All In One), there pretty much bullet proof....mount the Rad n fans first, then the pump / block assembly!!

Old October 8, 2013, 04:37 PM
Rookie

The h100i looks pretty solid. As far as processors go, looking for all thoughts... I have never oc'd... Willing to try it.. Do you think I can get the same out of a 4820 OC'd a bit with 4 cores and liquid cooled as I can the 6 core 4930? Remember... Longevity is what Im going for... Like 8 years with this rig... I game and do some virtualization. Usually have one server running in the background.