Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2013, 11:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Same one I'm using, you'll be very pleased with it......heavy gaming I barely crack 52c with 4.9 Ghz ;)

Old December 10, 2013, 10:49 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Most of it looks good. Dual Titans is irrevelant unless your a developer since 780ti is faster than the Titan. Get two 780 Ti and save $600.
Old December 13, 2013, 07:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah for now I have duel 680 gtx classified 4gb till maxwell comes.
Old December 14, 2013, 05:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Iv looked up the compatibility ram list for this board not seeing support for corsair platinums in 32Gb kits only 16Gb kit does that mean I'm taking chance it'll actually work?
Old December 14, 2013, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

generally this gets fixed with bios updates. I think you'll find it works fine. My board didn't have 16gb support and I went for it cuz I knew I could return it within 7 days if it didn't work out.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old December 14, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Jason....I think you'll find those RIVE Boards can handle just about any RAM config you can throw at it....even if its a kit not listed....especially Corsair Platinums...love the looks of that RAM!!!

Old December 14, 2013, 07:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Me too I can't wait till rest of parts come in so I can piece together this monster at least for me it will be. Going from a Acer M3970 lol I think it'll be whole New Experience.
Old January 8, 2014, 11:54 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Motherboard on its way!!

Motherboard finally shipping out was checking site daily to see stock levels got email few days ago but now I got a tracking # so it must have materialized in there warehouse in B.C one step closer lol only 3 more to go.

Still waiting on my anti-static Roswell mat from xoxide pure white perfect for my near all black system even have black motherboard mounts and screws. Just need to find some red/black non paper washers to just give it that personal touch.
Old January 16, 2014, 11:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So just got email for my swiftech H320 it's gonna be delayed 3-6 weeks! When placed order it was instock. Oh well I guess I can wait also the noctua fans I bout have been back ordered and price jumped up to $42 a piece I ordered 8 hope I don't get hit for that one.
Old January 17, 2014, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New Build

In some ways our builds r similar. I would go with what you feel is necessary to get the most performance you can for what u want to do.

I apologize to everyone in advance, but unless you plan on ocing like crazy or shoot for the moon with benching scores, a self contained wc unit like the Corsair H series work well. I have the Tundra 02, and changed the fans to Gelids,

and added 2 more. So 4 75 cfm fans, push/pull is plenty even at 5 ghz, though with wcing it could easily go higher, I'm sure.

The Kraken X60 was the top dog when I researched for a GOOD sealed unit cooler. I'm sure someone else has stepped up with something better since then, as it was early spring last yr when I did my pre build component list.

It also works real well. Haven't added the 2 extra 140mm fans yet.

Point is, you can get decent cooling without the added expense and work of wcing unless you want to go extreme, which u can always do later, when parts r older, thus cheaper.

As I said, wcing is better if you're into more extreme scenarios than what you're describing for usage. Want to ramp it up even more? LN....I thought about it as well. My reasoning is that the money not spent on pumps, rads, pots,....

could actually upgrade any part of your build with those funds, even another albeit lower end build perhaps.

Ok folks I put my armour on, fire away you wcing dynamos!!!Haven't been told yet today.....

FF