Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2013, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

There isn't a whole lot wrong with your system now... I'd consider a GPU upgrade & SSD and leave it there?

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old September 29, 2013, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
There isn't a whole lot wrong with your system now...
This - I would consider overclocking instead of dumping $1000 on a new system. I assume your card is a 6870 and not a 6780, (never heard of a 6780) there shouldn't be any performance issues whatsoever in DOTA2 at 1080P. But according to your system specs you're running at stock clocks - which could be causing a CPU bottleneck.

You have a motherboard with very good power delivery, a high quality PSU and a decent CPU for overclocking. The only thing you need to watch is the temps - the Zalman Flex isn't a bad cooler, but it's not a top tier cooler.
Old September 29, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That flatiron might only run at 16x10 I have a similar one. 1600x1024 or something. I'd consider buying a bigger video card and an SSD like dzzope suggested. Spend 500 bux on a video card and 100 bux on an SSD and you'll have a significant performance increase. Rather than only spending 1000 bux on another computer with another subpar GPU.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old September 29, 2013, 11:30 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
This - I would consider overclocking instead of dumping $1000 on a new system. I assume your card is a 6870 and not a 6780, (never heard of a 6780) there shouldn't be any performance issues whatsoever in DOTA2 at 1080P. But according to your system specs you're running at stock clocks - which could be causing a CPU bottleneck.

You have a motherboard with very good power delivery, a high quality PSU and a decent CPU for overclocking. The only thing you need to watch is the temps - the Zalman Flex isn't a bad cooler, but it's not a top tier cooler.
Yeah my bad its a typo 6870 LOL. Yeah I run i5 750, with flex heatsink, asus p7p55d pro mobo I believe 850 w PSU. 4 gb of g skill ripjaw at 1600 mhz. I just plan to pass this computer on to my little brother to advance his current gaming system.

I really wish to do water cooling but maybe in the future when I have more time and more disposable income at hand.