Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2013, 02:14 AM
Trial Member

Wink What do you think

Hello from the U.S just want to say hello to all and awesome website!!

this was build in early 2012 please share your feedback tks

Mobo: AsRock FX990
- Cpu :AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz
- Ram: G.Skill Sniper Gaming 16Gb 1600 @ 800mhz
- Video : XFX HD 7850 1gb Dual Fan 256 bit
- Storage 1TB WD BLK 1TB Seagate
- DVD-RW Asus
- SD Card Reader
- Sound Card Asus DGX
- Corsair H60i Water Cool kit
- PSU Raidmax Ss 630w (614w true watts)
- Vizio 32 HDMI HDTV Srs @ 60 Mhz @ 1920 X 1080 @ 1080p
- Fans (4) 120mm (1) 140mm
- Case Rosewill CHALLENGER
- Headset / Mic Turtle Beach
- Keyboard Mice Logitech EX100
- O/S BugOsoft Pro 8 64 bit

I do have a extra 7850 that I can run crossfire but the correct psu watts wont let me I do have a OCZ 750w 80 plus coming sometime next week.

Can this handle BF4 I run max setting on just 1 card on BF3

My goal is to get a new card maybe sometime next year as the price drops

I went with Reviews and match it on what I could afford at that time. Reviews are the best info out there.

Last edited by Grimsok; September 22, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old September 22, 2013, 05:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Overall its a solid build (as I am sure you know since you had it for a while now). The major issue I have with it is the power supply. I wouldn't use the raidmax one, and while the OCZ is likely better, its still not a great power supply. It should be fine to run the xfire 7850, but if you can I would switch to something in the 750w range from antec, seasonic, corsair, or xfx (gives you room for a future graphics card that you mentioned without worry of power use). Its your call in the end though. Lots of people use those PSU without issue, and you won't be pushing it that hard with xfire 7850.

As far as BF4 goes your guess is as good as mine at this point. I don't foresee major changes in requirements over BF3.
Old September 22, 2013, 06:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I do think that BF4 will be actually more CPU hungry. If you check the Siege of Shanghai:
Battlefield 4 -- E3 Multiplayer Gameplay -- Best Moments - YouTube

...then you quickly realize, that the way more destructable enviroment will require some serious power, both from CPU and from graphic cards. It should not be underestiminated that the requirments are probably going to be huge.

Some videos did not look like much:
BF4 Sniper Changes - Gadgets and Suppression (Battlefield 4 Gameplay/Commentary) - YouTube

...but some showing things, that will definitively bring slower hardware to it's knees:
Battlefield 4: Full Demo Playthrough - Gamescom 2013 - YouTube

But enought speculations! On 1st October you can try the beta too:
https://help.ea.com/article/battlefi...ss-information

You just have to preorder BF4 and that it seems to be it:
"PC Players can check on their beta access by going to their My Games library in the Origin client."