Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2013, 03:31 PM
Top Prospect

Default Bitfenix Prodigy Build for Wife

I am thinking about to build a small PC for my wife that can also be used for some very light gaming when a friend comes over etc. I want it to be mini-ITX

What are your opinions about this build? I would re use some old HD that I have in an old pc.

PcComponentes

I know there are cheaper cases but the looks would be important,

Also I chose the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB as it blows the hot air out of the case and the 2gb would be usefull for some games.

What are your opinions?
Old September 20, 2013, 09:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You can't go wrong with that case, I absolutely loved building in it. The only thing you have to be 'careful' about is how long your card is. The one I bought for my brother's build was too long, so I took out the lower HDD cage (that he'd never use) and it fit great.

Also happened to use that board, didn't care/need for the wifi but it has been performing great (no complaints from my brother on that mark too).
Old September 20, 2013, 10:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just to point out, this is a LARGE ITX case. It's a nice case and I plan to get the micro atx version, but if you're really interested in mini ITX, it is nowhere near as small as many cases (people who care about the mini-ITX scene can be pretty picky about an extra 5 cm).
Old September 21, 2013, 03:02 AM
Top Prospect

What do you guys think of the GPU and CPU that I have chosen? Do I need more than the i3 4130?
Old September 21, 2013, 08:02 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, you say "very light gaming", witch in my logic translate as some less demending games. Eg. not Crysis 3, but Crysis 2 - and that would do, with the GTX 660 reasonably well. Just never enable the PhysX, as 660 is not having enought power to do decent framerates WHEN this is ON on anything except LOW.

But for "very light gaming" it do well.
Old September 21, 2013, 08:12 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
Well, you say "very light gaming", witch in my logic translate as some less demending games. Eg. not Crysis 3, but Crysis 2 - and that would do, with the GTX 660 reasonably well. Just never enable the PhysX, as 660 is not having enought power to do decent framerates WHEN this is ON on anything except LOW.

But for "very light gaming" it do well.
Yes, it its not ment to play crysis 3 etc. but at that price range for the gtx 660 then is it the best buy?
Old September 21, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

A 660 and i3 will be a great combo. If you can spring a couple extra dollars for an i5 (even 4430) I would do it, but if not the i3 will be fine.
Old October 28, 2013, 07:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I also recently built a prodigy case for my wife. settled with I3 and was more enough for her needs (browsing and some gaming). cheers!