Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Stick with your 2600K. It'll overclock better than IB, Haswell and IB-E. I wish I'd hung on to mine.

So now, just pick a case. :)
I'll wait and see the IB-E overclocking results before I go and call the 2600k better... I would agree that it is better than Haswell/IB (unless you take the risk of improving the IHS thermal paste) when you want to over-clock and PCIe 3.0 is currently over-rrated.

looking at the TJ08-E too.

Last edited by draemn; August 30, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old August 30, 2013, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Really starting to shy away from the BitFenix as the air-flow is just too much of an issue for me if I stick with my corsair H100. I like how it looks a bit more stylish and different with the handles, but performance is important. The only reason I shy away from the 350D is the larger size. I haven't fully researched the Armor A30 or the Arc Mini, but both I'm interested in considering.
Old September 9, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just hoping someone can help with the case decision at the least?
Old September 9, 2013, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nothing wrong with a prodigy for air-flow... though different colours seem to have different cooling.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old September 10, 2013, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

are you referring to the mini-ITX or micro-ATX version? With the micro ATX version, the GPU + sound card + water radiator all get squished up in the top portion of the case... it doesn't look that roomy since you cannot install the radiator with a 2nd GPU unless you mount a 120mm radiator on the back (vs top).

Edit: I have now decided on everything except the motherboard and CPU cooler. I'm pretty happy researching the CPU cooler myself, but I'm still open to any input on the motherboard (although there aren't too many choices to look at for mATX) or if you see any problems with any parts.

Last edited by draemn; September 10, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old October 13, 2013, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I am getting closer to the time of actually purchasing my components, although that is still at least 2 weeks off, if not a month away! I will be buying 4 or 5 CPUs and "binning" so to say, so if you're looking to buy any 4920k in the near future...

I am pissed that there are only 3 options for a mATX board and too many people on egg got a DOA MSI board, so I'm going to say there are only 2 choices. I'm a little concerned about the ASRock memory compatibility/speeds, so that will have to be researched.

I have once again started to look at other cases although I'm still favouring the Prodigy M above all others right now. The Vulcan is very interesting to me due to the small size and different case design but seems to be a bit "cheap." Corsair sits at the bottom due to being the "tallest" case of them all.

---------------------

Mostly curious about any further feedback on cases and if for any reason you know of a mATX motherboard I don't know about (that I could actually buy in Canada).
Old October 23, 2013, 03:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

All the reviews i've read/seen on the Silverstone TJ08-E mATX case are very positive. I'm picking one tomorrow or the day after
Old October 23, 2013, 03:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Check out the Arc Mini R2

Fractal Design
Old October 27, 2013, 09:30 AM
Rookie

+1 for the TJ08, my current system uses it and i love it.
Old October 27, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The TJ08 does not seem like a case that will be able to support the cooling requirements I am looking for. Have any of you that own it over-clocked your CPU and put in a fairly warm/hot GPU?