Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I find that I can only watch one or two videos at a time... more than that and I get too distracted... but it is nice when you don't like one you've already got another up on the other screen!

For SSD, go with at least 240GB... it's really annoying to install a new SSD :( I highly suggest the corsair Neutron GTX or the OCZ Vector series. Spend a few more bucks on the PSU as well. At the minimum get a modular PSU (so worth the money) and I'd also suggest looking for better efficient than bronze rating... it ends up paying for itself if you use your graphics cards a lot. Just keep in mind that 750w will not leave you much breathing room for a 2nd GPU and it'll be running at a high load capacity (i.e. > 80%) where the efficiency of the PSU starts dropping fast. Will be great for a single GPU setup.

I have the same monitors you are buying and they are great for the thin bezel in surround!!! :D Just sucks that they have Asus's poor colour problems (I used to own a Samsung, much better image colours). You should be able to come in under budget even with upgrading the SSD and PSU, if you aren't, you're doing something wrong with your price shopping or part choice (I didn't look at all parts in detail).
Old June 24, 2013, 02:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like a good build little build. I would try and get a power supply with 80 plus gold rating, much more efficient and kicks off less heat - usually better components/voltage regulation too. AX series from corsair, or silverstone, seasonic are all quality to name a few. oh and sorry for this..... had to.....

Old June 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

ok, single 770 on surround is gonna be pushed a bit but if you read reviews and are happy enough..

as said a couple of posts ago.. PSU is just OK for SLI.. I would go 850W if you plan on going SLI and probably 550 - 600W for single card to leave it all pretty cool and not stressed.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 25, 2013, 06:04 AM
Rookie

I switched it up to: Corsair Professional Gold 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply for in future I will go SLI with my dream faptastic machine.