Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2013, 01:04 AM
Trial Member

Default New Build

I am very familiar with computers. I've already built several.
But I still like to get the community's input on my next gaming build.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...ion=wish_lists
Old June 20, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Personally I would spend less on the keyboard and headset and go Intel. AMD don't touch them for games, an i5 will put that 8350 in it's place unless your rendering, encoding etc.

Wireless isn't great for audio.. and at that your trying to send 8 channels plus mic.. can't see it giving a good experience.
I would suggest a nice set of cans, reasonable sound-card and either a desktop or clip-on mic. After trying many different headsets, USB, 5.1 analogue etc, I'll never buy another..
Decent cans leave them so far behind in sound quality and virtual surround is not bad at all if you really want it (I find most games have bad directional sound anyway so stereo is as good if not better.)

Mechanical keyboards are really nice to type / play on.. But I really can't find the worth in one over a comfortable cheap on.. I paid 13 for mine and it's awesome (for the price / compared to most membrane boards I've tried)
Can't imagine I'll ever pay more than 50 for a board that has all the functionality I want and cherry switches. BUT obviously this is your choice.. Just saying I would spend else-where before this.

Monitor.. 27" and 1080? Thats a big screen at meh res. If your sticking to 1080 res maybe look at one of the screens that supports Lightboost
Would be much more beneficial to gaming than IPS.

770 might be a lil more than you really need for 1080 but it will max out pretty much any game and last a little longer than something smaller.

I don't trust Seagate consumer drives in the slightest. WD Blue / Black / Red depending on budget and needs.
I know I've been lucky but I haven't had a single WD drive fail for me or in any of my builds in years, I have had lots of dead Seagate, Hitachi and Toshiba come through though(admittedly it was years ago for the hitachi and tosh)

$14 for a DVI cable.. Why?

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 20, 2013, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would go to a 23-24" screen at 1920x1080, switch to an i5 3570k/4670k (and the z77/z87 motherboard respectively of your choice), drop down to 1600mhz ram if it will save you some money, and maybe hold out till next week to see what the gtx 760 is going to perform like (last I read rumours are for a 25 Jun release).