Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2013, 12:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Before pulling the trigger

My M15x is kinda getting old, need a desktop now but before pulling the trigger on these items(build) I thought I'll ask some questions first.
Its going to be used for:
  • games like Starcraft 2 & Diablo 3. And I might try some of the games that comes with the gpu(if any).
  • Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Might do some light video editing soon.
I have a samsung 840 Pro 256gb I can use and some Western Digital My Passport 1TB portable hard drives(hence I did not include them in the list anymore).
  1. Would a higher speed for the memory benefit the build?
  2. Is using 2x8gb memory compatible with the board?
  3. What would restrict me from eventually upgrading to 32GB of memory, the board or my OS?
  4. Is the Corsair H80i enough to cool the cpu(light OC)? Would it be noisy?
  5. Would 3 fans blowing air in(2 front and 1 bottom) and 3 fans blowing air out(2 top and 1 back w/rad) be ideal?
  6. Not sold yet on the Asus 7970 but I would like a 7970 of some sort for the build, any recommendations?
Thanks in advance for the replies. In the meantime I'll continue reading reviews of the components I have in the list. Cheers!
AMD FX-8350, Asus Radeon HD 7970, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada