|addbot ||April 28, 2013 01:48 AM |
Before pulling the trigger
My M15x is kinda getting old, need a desktop now but before pulling the trigger on these items(build) I thought I'll ask some questions first.
Its going to be used for:
- games like Starcraft 2 & Diablo 3. And I might try some of the games that comes with the gpu(if any).
- Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Might do some light video editing soon.
I have a samsung 840 Pro 256gb I can use and some Western Digital My Passport 1TB portable hard drives(hence I did not include them in the list anymore).
- Would a higher speed for the memory benefit the build?
- Is using 2x8gb memory compatible with the board?
- What would restrict me from eventually upgrading to 32GB of memory, the board or my OS?
- Is the Corsair H80i enough to cool the cpu(light OC)? Would it be noisy?
- Would 3 fans blowing air in(2 front and 1 bottom) and 3 fans blowing air out(2 top and 1 back w/rad) be ideal?
- Not sold yet on the Asus 7970 but I would like a 7970 of some sort for the build, any recommendations?
Thanks in advance for the replies. In the meantime I'll continue reading reviews of the components I have in the list. Cheers! AMD FX-8350, Asus Radeon HD 7970, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada