Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2013, 11:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

like kirik said, take your time. the motherboard manual will have nice clearly labelled diagrams of every single connection youll need to make, so keep it close by. keep all your tools/screws/parts/cables organized and make sure you have a lot of room to work. dont worry so much about cable management until everything is assembled and you have passed the first boot test. if something doesnt work and you just spent 5 minutes carefully wiring it into place, it will likely take another 5 to get it out and fix or replace it, and another 5 to get it back in. once you know its all working, the stress is off and you can step back and concentrate on the small details. this will hopefully be the last time you stick your hands into this pc until its upgrade time, so make sure to go over all the small details closely (are your fans blowing the way you want them to? is every cable/wire as clean and tidy as it could be? accessory ports/front panel of case wired properly? wiped off all the finger prints/smudges?).

good luck :)
Old April 24, 2013, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Take a few hrs of Internet Surfing for your particular Motherboard!!! As in a Community Forum, such as Republic of Gamers, Evga etc.
Most Mobo's will have some minor tweaks and this is the best method to find info.

Old May 4, 2013, 04:38 AM
Rookie

Looks good,
Old May 4, 2013, 10:20 AM
Rookie

I'm surprise with almost 4K to spend, you didn't went for a Titan or GTX690 :P
Old May 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Testing & benchmarking

Nice! All of your advices, including tips and recommendations, are so well organized and thought that Iím going to consolidate them and use them as my builderís guide from now on. Thank you very much!

Iím dedicating it a complete day, taking my time for this task; no rush here.

So, after the build is completed Iím thinking about some testing & benchmarking to verify system stability; something light to moderate, no record-breaking kind of stuff. Are there any software youíve used and recommend and testing tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinouchie View Post
I'm surprise with almost 4K to spend, you didn't went for a Titan or GTX690 :P

I though about 2 GTX 680s or a single GTX 690, but the
GTX Titan was not available at the time of my GPU research. Thanks for your comment though.
Old May 14, 2013, 06:58 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto Garcia View Post
Nice! All of your advices, including tips and recommendations, are so well organized and thought that Iím going to consolidate them and use them as my builderís guide from now on. Thank you very much!

Iím dedicating it a complete day, taking my time for this task; no rush here.

So, after the build is completed Iím thinking about some testing & benchmarking to verify system stability; something light to moderate, no record-breaking kind of stuff. Are there any software youíve used and recommend and testing tips?

I though about 2 GTX 680s or a single GTX 690, but the
GTX Titan was not available at the time of my GPU research. Thanks for your comment though.
Any of the 3D mark suite`s would work fine

Vantage is slightly older but through it you could make a comparison with your current system.

The same thing goes for 3D mark 11 and the newest one, 3D Mark.

A link for your convenience : 3DMark - test your graphics card with the gamer's benchmark

Best of luck
-Camo
Old May 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default System assembly & acknowledgement.

Thatís very helpful information as usual.

Taking into account all of the above, I have proceeded to assembly the X79 system and will be testing / benchmarking it.

I extend to all of you my gratitude for all your kind help; I really appreciate it. All of you are very knowledgeable, indeed.

Best regards,
B.G.
Old May 28, 2013, 07:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1) Why a 1200w psu? Everything is so power efficient these days you'll have tons of headroom with a 800W or higher PSU. That build will be using < 500W and < 750W with a 2nd GTX 570 inside.

2) Look into the Corsair Neutron GTX SSD... that thing is AMAZING and I heard it had a price drop recently. I suggest that over the intel 520 personally.

3) WTF is up with the price on your UPS battery backup??? Considering you can purchase the same one for < $200 online in North America, you shouldn't be paying more than $250... but you have like $450 listed?
Old May 30, 2013, 04:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
3) WTF is up with the price on your UPS battery backup??? Considering you can purchase the same one for < $200 online in North America, you shouldn't be paying more than $250... but you have like $450 listed?
He's from Honduras. You really don't get how much most of the rest of the world gets screwed on prices for tech...