Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   New Build (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/60090-new-build.html)

partypossy541 March 8, 2013 04:37 PM

New Build

i need help with my new build, i know i want the i7-3770 CPU (not K...not overclockable) and Radeon HD 7970, also plan to use only SSD hard drives im thinking 480 MB or so.

the questions i have is that i dont know what mother board to get for the best bang for my buck as well as the best memory speed. looking @ 2400GHZ but dont know what is nessicary the only restraint is i have picked out the monitor i am using> samsung S27A850D samsung 27inch led lcd 2560X1440 res.

if you have any recomendations about ram, motherboard, case or even want to talk me out of the decissions i have made already please feal free.

also will my CPU need/want water cooling?

thanks in advance

partypossy541 March 8, 2013 04:59 PM

sorry didnt read the sticky

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. gaming multi tasking web brousing. games like wargame and civ 5 also would like BF3 as well.

2. What YOUR budget is. 2500 +-. im cheep but i want a killer computer so im willing to pay but dont want to waste money on a product 5% better for 25% more dough.

3. What country canada

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. never built like the reviews on intel though seems like they make thier pruducts higher qulity with less OC cappacity

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, nope

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
yeah it seems everyone is under my budget. not everyone just the half dozen i read.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
-soon in 2 months id like to be doing startup

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
-2560X1440

Do you turn AA on and do you care about gaming technology with PhysX, CUDA, eyfinity, 3D, etc?

to be honest dont really know what AA does?

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
-Is there something you don't want to go without? USB 3.0 support, wifi n, SSD (solid state drives), blu-ray support, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, Super quiet case (low noise system), all-in-one memory card reader, specific front panel support? Those are just a few examples. If you aren't sure, but know you want to have 'the latest and greatest support' then just say so.

dont need blue ray, or quiet case the rest would be handy

i dont know allot about computers, but i do enjoy using them, gaming. i know what i like and want and can live without. terra bytes of Hard drive space are not required, extreem speed in all tasks would be really nice. as well as high res and high textured graphics that will not slow would be killer. also would like this build to last for 5 years or longer. maybe upgrades would be nessicary for gaming advancements but have a system that can incorperate those upgrades.

kishagi March 10, 2013 07:23 AM

mmkay im just going to say this first: you may want to look into the Intel Xeon E3-1230/1240 V2's for a cpu, im not sure of the i7 3770's price but the xeon's should be cheaper and perform similarly.

since you are not overclocking, the range of motherboards you might be interested in becomes a lot wider. I would ask are you interested in ATX (standard) or Micro ATX (shortened) form factor motherboards. This is important because it also puts a guideline for what cases to check out.

For ATX

- ASRock Z77 Pro4
- ASRock Z77 Pro3
- ASRock Z75 Pro3
- ASRock Z77 Extreme3
- MSI Z77A-G43
- MSI Z77A-G45

For mATX

- GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H
- ASRock Z77 Pro4-M

Ram (you want at least 8gb either in 1x8gb or 2x4gb)

- Corsair Vengeance
- Kingston Hyper X Blu/Genesis
- G.Skill Ripjaws X

SSD (you really need more than 480mb unless you meant GB then you will probably oonly need between 64-256 GB)

- Mushkin Chronos
- Samsung 840 series
- Crucial M4
- OCZ Vertex 3 or 4

Radeon HD 7970 (you can easily do with a 7950 though)

- MSI
- Gigabyte
- Sapphire
- Powercolor
- XFX

Cpu heatsink (quiet is key)

- Corsair h60, h80i, h100i
- Antec Kuhler h20 620

Power Supply (650 watts without crossfire 850w With)

- Corsair HX series
- Enermax Modu87+

and thats all my brain can process for now, ill be back later