Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2013, 04:14 AM
Rookie

Default Everyone, please HELP.XDD

. I'm starting build a new gaming rig.. i need your opinion and suggestions about it. Thankss.
.Here's the specs:
-Intel core i7 3770K
-Kingston Hyper-X 8gb DDR3 1600
-intel SSD 120 GB sata 4
-Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm
-Asus ENGTX680 2GB DDR5
-MSI Z77 Mpower
-23" Viewsonix V3D231 LED monitor w/ 3d glasses
-Aerocool StrikeX 800W 80+ silver certified

.Again, your suggestions are highly appreciated. Especially for the motherboard ;p
Old March 2, 2013, 04:28 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Well the Mpower is a great board, but for less you could get a D3H or UD3H which still can OC like crazy with a rock solid VRM design.
id also change the SSD to something like a Kingston HyperX 3k or a Crucial M4 and the PSU to either a Seasonic, XFX, NZXT, Silverstone, or Corsair.

Other than that everything looks great for what im assuming you want!
Old March 2, 2013, 04:39 AM
MVP

Looks like a good system. However if its just for gaming for the most part why not just go with a 3570k and save a good chunk or change or put that money into the other components. As BeyondNight suggested a better PSU and SSD. I strongly suggest getting a nice 80+ Gold psu like the NZXT Hale90 or Corsair Professional series. I agree with changing the SSD to something like the M4 or Hyperx 3k as well.
You'll also need a good cooler if you intend to OC, which I assume you do. What case are you using so we can figure out what fits best?
Old March 2, 2013, 04:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yup what they said and might as well change the 8gb to 16 for the price of ram, also I will reiterate get the best PSU you can afford and a known good make like seasonic. Also do you need 800 watts with that system? I would check what your demand is here Extreme or here Asus
Old March 2, 2013, 05:26 AM
MVP

750w is more than enough but its always good to have more than enough when it comes to PSU. The gpu uses 225w while both the 3570k and 3770k use 77w at stock. The other components might use 100w combined and thats being generous. He'd max out around 450-500w tops without oc'ing. A nice 80+ gold 650w or 750w psu would do nicely.
Old March 2, 2013, 07:59 AM
Rookie

There is some value starting to show in games for having an HT enabled CPU like the 3770K.

Battlefield 3 multiplayer and Crysis 3 both take advantage of HT and more cores. Granted there are only select games making use of it, but it does seem to be a trend now with new games.

Dice have said that all Frostbite 2 games going forward in 2013 are now going to require a 64 bit OS and will take advantage of multiple cores/threads.
Old March 2, 2013, 08:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If it was my money and my build for a gaming rig I would make the following changes. Drop the motherboard down a notch or two to save a few bucks (you won't really loose any features), go to a i5 3570k, stick with the same ram/monitor/HDD/GPU, use the saved money to go to a quality 650-750w power supply (XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, Antec), up the SSD to a 240gb version, and grab an aftermarket CPU heatsink (cooler master hyper 212 if you want to keep it good but cheap, or a noctua if you want silence/quality/don't mind spending a few extra $).
Old March 2, 2013, 09:36 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourthings View Post
There is some value starting to show in games for having an HT enabled CPU like the 3770K.

Battlefield 3 multiplayer and Crysis 3 both take advantage of HT and more cores. Granted there are only select games making use of it, but it does seem to be a trend now with new games.

Dice have said that all Frostbite 2 games going forward in 2013 are now going to require a 64 bit OS and will take advantage of multiple cores/threads.
Maybe so but I had a 2500k with a 6870 and I was getting 60fps easy on Ultra with AA disabled in bf3. A 3570k and a gtx680 ain't gonna have no trouble maxing out the game with Ultra and AA enabled. Crysis3 I cannot comment on as my system blew up before I had a chance to try the beta.
Old March 3, 2013, 02:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
If it was my money and my build for a gaming rig I would make the following changes. Drop the motherboard down a notch or two to save a few bucks (you won't really loose any features), go to a i5 3570k, stick with the same ram/monitor/HDD/GPU, use the saved money to go to a quality 650-750w power supply (XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, Antec), up the SSD to a 240gb version, and grab an aftermarket CPU heatsink (cooler master hyper 212 if you want to keep it good but cheap, or a noctua if you want silence/quality/don't mind spending a few extra $).

Best advice so far. Personally though, go 850w if you think you might go sli (for multi screen gaming, high res screen or 120hz monitor, surround 3d?)
Get as an ssd (within reason) as you can afford. 120gb min, 240 is ideal and if you have the funds and regularly pay lots of different games, have large apps that you want to be fast, go 512gb.

What case are you getting?
Old March 3, 2013, 08:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Best advice so far. Personally though, go 850w if you think you might go sli (for multi screen gaming, high res screen or 120hz monitor, surround 3d?)
Get as an ssd (within reason) as you can afford. 120gb min, 240 is ideal and if you have the funds and regularly pay lots of different games, have large apps that you want to be fast, go 512gb.

What case are you getting?
Really you wouldn't use 16gb of ram? I don't think I would go anything lower then 16gb anymore.