Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2013, 08:39 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Xnine I love all your recommendations but getting rid of the MSI MPower mobo, I have used pretty much every brand under the sun and have sold all my boards on here, I have to say the MPower is hands down the BEST!!! Z77 motherboard I have ever had the pleasure of using and everything about it is handcrafted to kick the shit outa the competition in every way it can.

Asrock is fine but usually you get less of a warranty and are stuck dealing with place of purchase for it, and as many who have emailed me for help on here will point out Asrock really does not help much with RMA's until you give them a swift kick in the ACE, but MSI will have a new board to you in most cases less then a week some 48 hours.

My 2 Cents (Also get a Corsair Neutron 240 its a awesome drive :P)
No, it's cool. I prefer Asrock personally because I've had nothing but stellar performance from them. From their cheap boards to their high end boards, they've all been great.

MSI isn't a bad choice at all. It's just that I prefer Asrock (personally.) To each their own, I'm just trying to get the OP the best bang for his buck is all. :) I didn't mean to step on toes or try to put down any other recommendations.
Old February 21, 2013, 09:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
No, it's cool. I prefer Asrock personally because I've had nothing but stellar performance from them. From their cheap boards to their high end boards, they've all been great.

MSI isn't a bad choice at all. It's just that I prefer Asrock (personally.) To each their own, I'm just trying to get the OP the best bang for his buck is all. :) I didn't mean to step on toes or try to put down any other recommendations.
I fully understand and no you were not stepping on any toes at all I was just giving my personal recommendation after all the luck I had had with the MPOWER same with many other people on the forum who use it.

I would say Asrock does build some nice boards no one can say otherwise these days but MSI in canada has the hands down best RMA out there.(consumer RMA, retail and distributor rma is a little different)

I have been bit by bit steering away from my once entirely asus lifestyle, they keep laying off people in RMA and tech support and pushing all their money into cheap laptops for BB and Staples, soon the company will be another Acer sadly :( but lots of their great minds moved onto Asrock and MSI so there is hope out there.
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old February 21, 2013, 10:09 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
I fully understand and no you were not stepping on any toes at all I was just giving my personal recommendation after all the luck I had had with the MPOWER same with many other people on the forum who use it.

I would say Asrock does build some nice boards no one can say otherwise these days but MSI in canada has the hands down best RMA out there.(consumer RMA, retail and distributor rma is a little different)

I have been bit by bit steering away from my once entirely asus lifestyle, they keep laying off people in RMA and tech support and pushing all their money into cheap laptops for BB and Staples, soon the company will be another Acer sadly :( but lots of their great minds moved onto Asrock and MSI so there is hope out there.
Ah, I see your points. I'm not familiar with Board RMAs, especially out in Canada. I've never RMA'd a board, usually just curse at it, beat it to death with a bat, and go buy a new one. :)