Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2013, 04:00 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its one of those trips. You know like the Carnival Triumph...just with less food and you get to be one of the stewards on 'latrine duty'. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 18, 2013, 02:37 PM
Rookie

Reading alot of this advice I think I may hold off on an update and do a complete rebuild. I'll want about $1400 for this and in all likelyhood I'll be back on here asking for advice when I get the cash together. Thank you all for your patience and hope to get more great advice in the near future.
Old February 18, 2013, 11:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

$1400 will build you an awesome rig.
Old February 19, 2013, 05:18 PM
Rookie

Hey again, chances are I'm going to buy the PC in bits and pieces and I liked the build you had going on Dzzope, PC Part Picker IS a nice site and using your build I settled on a case change and I think the cooling unit may be different and I added an extra 240 SSD and here's what came up System Build - PCPartPicker sorry I'm not sure how to put this up as you had it. Does this system get a thumbs up? I'm thinking of ordering the pieces that are on special as soon as I get a thumbs up from some of you :) My only concern is the previous motherboard didn't get the greatest reviews but I am green at this process. I also changed the ram to 2x8GB of DDR3 1866 vs the 2x4 DDR 1600, the price per GB was cheaper for the 2x8GB. You had a water cooling unit listed and i accidently changed it so I settled on the one listed, not sure if it's good or not but reviews seemed to like it. The CPU and video card are rock solid and seem to combine great bang for buck. The site says it's all compatible so unless there are some better options for a relative price then this may be it.

Last edited by Whitelight77; February 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: found new info
Old February 19, 2013, 06:50 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Whitelight77, where are you located?

Have you considered buying some used parts here in the forums? You can still find top notch parts to build your next system and save some good coin doing so.

Most of the sellers are reputable, and I've purchased quite a few items from various sellers without any problems.
Old February 19, 2013, 10:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelight77 View Post
System Build - PCPartPicker Canada sorry I'm not sure how to put this up as you had it.
Does that have all the changes you made?
If not you may have to create a free account in order to save builds. It should then give you a link so you can share it
Old February 19, 2013, 11:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think it's based on your cookies as it's showing me different things depending on what was the last I looked at.

It should give you a link ending something like .com/p/DNcu If it's parts/partlist/ then it's dependent on your session.

Or copy the link of the system I posted and then just post individual items you've changed.. I'll update it to show your changes.
Old February 19, 2013, 11:27 PM
Rookie

I can't find that box in the top left I can only show this saved build so i hope this link does it.

Whitelight77 - Saved Builds - PCPartPicker Canada
Old February 19, 2013, 11:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sure about the second SSD? a 1TB hdd will be less and give plenty of storage space... a 240GB will be plenty for os, apps and maybe 15 - 20 games (obviously depending on the games)
Might also save you enough for a GPU bump to 7950.

Keep a look-out for good deals. But once you buy something stop looking... nothing worse than finding a better deal just after you bought something.

16 GB not really needed unless your doing some image editing / media work.
My usage with about 15 tabs open in browser, music playing, skype, steam, origin, msn, TS, a handful of desktop gadgets and a game running is about 5.5GB.. 8 is plenty yet, can always add more later if needed.
Old February 19, 2013, 11:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Made a few changes to squeeze out more... Bumped the mobo, GPU and PSU and case, reduced the ram, used 1 TB HDD and different AIO cooler.

Intel Core i5-3570K, Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) - System Build - PCPartPicker Canada

See what you think.. same on the budget. This is my opinion of what to do with the budget.
May consider going for an air cooler though, you can get air coolers that are quieter than, cost about the same as that one and will cool as good if not better. but differences won't be massive.
And I like how AIO's clean up a build with a window

The other board should be fine if a little limiting (as it's micro ATX.)

You may notice I tend to not bump 1 thing with different budgets.. I try and build a good balance of system so that you have quality throughout. (though the 3570k is so good I try squeeze it in where I can)

Last edited by Dzzope; February 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Tags
builds , compatible