Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2013, 05:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

A lot of money for what it is!!!I think you could save on mobo...

Sorry but... 200$ for 32 gb of RAM? should be 150$ max!
just get any low profile or normal 1600 mhz ram,and it's generally cheap...Actually ram is extremely cheap in france...

Maybe you can find another cheaper brand? It's just ram after all? Do you really need 32gb?Depends on what kind of video editing you are doing,but i doubt you are going to use even 16gb...

everything else looks great!

Last edited by bliz; February 10, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old February 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
Allstar

I suggest you try 16GB first and see how well it works. I would also move down to a 3770 non K if you're not planning on overclocking. The motherboard seem over price / over kill for what you intend to do. Not a SSD expert but didn't someone mention the 840 Pro is better?
Old February 11, 2013, 09:30 AM
Rookie

A couple of things,

Having NCIX build for $50, incl 1 yr warranty?

Buying the insurance for shipping? What do you think of this search,

Originally Posted by Orion168
But what if the item arrived damaged (breakage)? Say it's an expensive item that costed more than $100? Also say that you already accepted the package, so UPS can't return it.

I don't think VISA would cover that, and that's what you are buying insurance against.
VISA does cover that. From the Visa Chargeback FAQ Lulz previously cited:
http://usa.visa.com/download/merchan..._merchants.pdf

Looks like we don't need insurance.

I just called Scotiabank Visa and talked with Aimsley who confirmed that Visa will pay for loss,damage,thieft etc if you card has this insurance, nothing to do with who shipped or bought from. I had used them for the extended warranty in the past, you need records but they will cover up to one year beyond the original warranty period, they need a copy of the original warranty, sales slips, takes time but they do pay.

Guess I answered my own question, hope it helps someone else.

If you have any further advice on the system I choose please feel free to post, I am now waiting to hear from NCIX before I make my final decision.

Thanks,
God bless
Jim
Old February 11, 2013, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Make sure you use price-match.
Old February 17, 2013, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Hi Everyone,

It's been about a week that I have been trying to get information from NCIX about my new computer parts selection, first I compiled a list and then did a price match which saved me about 200.00, prior to buying I wanted the price match to be verified and I had a few questions that needed to be answered about VIP membership, which includes 1 year warranty on selected OEM parts, which parts? I couldn't find the answer. During the time it took to get some of the answers I wanted the price match expired and all my prices were re-set to the original price, I wrote complaining and received an email advising me to simply pay the price requested and they would fix the price on Monday, this made me very nerveous and I told them so. I would like your comments on this, on my own I would advise anyone to go somewhere else or at least get in touch with someone from NCIX who has authority over matters such as this, but my question then is, how do I know I can trust them?
Please comment.

I did find a very nice case, Fractal Design R4, you can see it here, Define R4 Black Pearl - Fractal Design

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
God bless
Jim

Last edited by From Jim; February 17, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I get being nervous with payments but I think NCIX is pretty reputable. Their customer service could do with a nudge though from the sounds of it..

Other option is Memory express, I've not used either of these (As I'm from ireland) but I hear people talking very highly of both all the time.
Old February 18, 2013, 03:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

have used ncix allot and have never had a problem, believe there is also reps here in this forum if you have problems or concerns.
Old February 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Unofficial reps, and they're undeclared, as in they don't advertise that they work for NCIX. You have to hunt them down.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old February 18, 2013, 08:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

K cool, so no official reps, sorry op was wrong on that part.
Old February 18, 2013, 09:47 AM
Top Prospect

I've put in about 6 or 7 orders to NCIX in the last year, totally about $2500 and I've yet to experience so much as a hiccup from them. As for requesting you pay in the hopes past prices get honored, I wouldn't trust doing that with anyone unless I knew a rep with some pull had done so.

As for VIP membership, I got mine using their rewards points you accumulate via reviews on parts you've purchased. 50 points per part, and if you buy an entire computer you'll almost have enough right there.