Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2013, 12:19 PM
Rookie

Default New pc build tutorial ??

Hi guys I'm searching for the tutorial on how to build your own pc.

I'm about to receive all my pieces for my new pc and I'll build it myself for the first time.

I'm a bit scared tbh hehe
Old January 4, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How to build a PC: The Tech Report guide - The Tech Report - Page 1

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old January 4, 2013, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It's pretty easy, like a big lego kit that (should) only fit 1 way.

Things to take precautions of..

1) earth yourself before touching parts (touch a radiator or someting)
Make sure not to build on carpet or the like, don't wear clothes that generate static (I have a few tops, hoodies etc that do this allot)
Touch the parts by the edge / heatsink etc only, try to avoid touching the back or face of the board.

2) Make sure that the mounts for the motherboard all match, they can cause shorts if your unlucky.
Don't over-tighten the screws, secure but not too much.

3) For a neat build, mount the psu, motherboard and cooler, then route your wires as efficiently as you can.
Tie them up at the back (loosely) with a little extra room to reach where they need, then as you finish the build,
tighten them untill your happy that they are secure but you have no strain on the connectors and can un-plug them if you need them.
Old January 4, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by incineratorz1 View Post
Hi guys I'm searching for the tutorial on how to build your own pc.

I'm about to receive all my pieces for my new pc and I'll build it myself for the first time.

I'm a bit scared tbh hehe
Don't be scared it's really easy. Super easy. In fact I am ashamed I never used to do this for myself in the past years it's so easy. I just did my first a little over a year ago. I particularly found the newegg videos very helpful as it goes over everything from choosing your hardware to installing windows and drivers and stuff. Very thorough.

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches - YouTube

I'm guessing you don't need to watch part 1.

This video is also particularly awesome!

How to Build a PC: The Ultimate Guide from Tek Syndicate - YouTube