Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   Looking for help on Ram and Power. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/58204-looking-help-ram-power.html)

SolidCree November 29, 2012 05:27 PM

Looking for help on Ram and Power.

Already Got Three Things together:

Gigabyte 990FXA-Ud3 Motherboard

XFX Hd7870 core ed. single fan

Cpu a FX-6100 bulldozer AMD

Looking at what Kind of Power Unit I will need and Computer Case to fit it all
Got this in mind for Case
Antec Eleven Hundred Performance Gaming Case XL-ATX 3X5.25 2X2.5 6X3.5IN 2XUSB3 INT No PSU

Dont really want to Use Water Cooled Components Because Computer will be Out in the Shack out side my house (mind you its not Heated during the nights so its as cold as outside and my Winters get Minus -15 on a average day, at nights -20 to -30) Looked at the Manual(motherboard) and it says it could still Run in -40 so if doesn't they were Talking out their ass(gigabyte).

cibergatox December 3, 2012 06:32 PM

About the pc being exposed to those temps... Bro condensation could be an issue (Where I live I don't even see snow... so I wouldn't know (Mind you i'm not Canadian xD haha).

About Power: XFX specs say 500w minimum and 650w recommended... If you are not planing on running 2 cards... I wouldn't buy over 750w (If you are buying a GOOD BRAND PSU)... As for a brand many have favorites but I would go XFX, Corsair (Not Builder series... heard bad things...), Seasonic...

About the ram, I wouldnt get more than 8gb if you are only gaming... and you cant go wrong with Corsair vengeance 1600, Gskill is also good...

KaptCrunch December 3, 2012 07:56 PM

need to use Dielectric grease on cpu socket

and keep computer powerd to keep condensation to a min

BeaverBender December 3, 2012 08:09 PM

Yeah, those mobos are not designed to military spec so unless you have a completely sealed environment, you will likely being running into condensation issues. These things weren't made for Canadian winters in a teepee.

SolidCree December 10, 2012 08:37 AM

Also don't think Flat screen monitors will even turn on in -10. I have a old XP desktop in the shack right now THe old Tube Monitor is havin trouble turning on. So that's scrapped.

Still looking for PSU thinking XFX and probably will upgrade to Cross Fire in the future.

Ordered the Case Antec Eleven Hundred Performance Gaming Case

MARSTG December 20, 2012 03:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeaverBender (Post 675257)
Canadian winters in a teepee.

:punk:
The teepee is characteristic for the Great Plains. Canadian winters were braved in the longhouses like in this picture, taken in the Wendat (Huron) village in Quebec City (Ancienne Lorette).

Bond007 December 20, 2012 07:18 AM

Quality 500w is enough if you will run stock clocks, but I would go for 600-650w if you will overclock.

SolidCree December 20, 2012 02:39 PM

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 120mm

Gigabyte 990FXA-Ud3 Motherboard

XFX Hd7870 core ed. single fan

Cpu a FX-6100 bulldozer AMD

WIll this power supply work with what i have? Want to get Modular type.

And also thinking about Hard drives want to know which brand is Quality and cheap?

MARSTG December 20, 2012 04:23 PM

oh yeah no issues for the PSU

Bond007 December 20, 2012 05:10 PM

Great PSU. Will easily handle your computer.