Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2012, 12:07 AM
Rookie

Default New build for 3d max, revit, photoshop, autocad,

Well one of my friends was asking me if he is upgrading his computer, what components will he need to upgrade,

the only things he provided to me was,
Processor = Intel e2220 2.4Ghz
1 GB Ram

and thats it, he told would adding a Ram and a GPU work, I said No, and told to upgrade the processor[at that time I had 2500k in my mind], motherboard and ram as well

But while I was researching, and looking at benchmarks, and also his budget, I stumbled upon 2 different builds.

For the first one, I thought that rather than giving an lga 1155 processor,
why not get the Intel LGA775 E7500, and then not pay more for the processor.
I still don't know which motherboard he is using, but depending on it I will also suggest a RAM.

The next build I though of was for a lga 1155, and found that with a little more money and convincing, I can make him buy,
Intel i3 3220 3.3Ghz 2cores
MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard
Gskill 2 x 4GB Sniper RAM

although, for the motherboard, what if I use ASUS P8H61-M LX , I can seriously get into the budget he gave.

So from all those things, what do you guys think should we go for?? I am right now looking for performance and price ratio.
And for AMD, here there are only 12 available, bulldozer series, phenom x2 560, antlon II x2 270 and a couple of FM1 processors, out of which the a6 3500 is in stock, and finally a sempron 145.

For piledrivers, we will have to import them using ebay, and the delivery charges themselves take us way above the budget.

Thank you...
Old November 23, 2012, 03:00 AM
Allstar

where exactly are you ordering from? and what exactly is your budget?

unless your budget is <$200, there's really no reason to keep on LGA775. modern processors are multiples faster than any C2D (or C2Q for that matter). Even if your budget was less than that, I would still recommend your friend save up (although, it is 'shopping season' atm).
Old November 23, 2012, 05:49 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Note that all of the programs you mentioned have GPU acceleration (not absolutely necessary but recommended) through the driver stacks of OpenGL / OpenCL supporting professional graphics cards. I'd actually recommend saving money on a GPU, buying as much memory as you can and then pairing that up with a PNY Quadro 600.

Just remember that this build will NOT be able to play games.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yep, a worstation GPU is for Making 3D,not gaming.
Old November 23, 2012, 12:57 PM
Rookie

Ok first thing, budget.
budget is of around Rs. 10,000[$180]

Place where we can buy from? Flipkart Online Shop, the link is below
Computer Components - Buy Graphics Card, TV Tuner Cards, Processors, Cabinets, Motherboards, Internal Hard Drives and Optical Drives Online at Best Prices in India Only at Flipkart.com

No Black Friday in India.

And lastly, 2500k is of Rs 13,300[$240] The processor itself is going out of the budget.
I did tell my friend that on his current budget he will have a tough time to actually upgrade it properly.
But if I get the 3220 and the ASUS P8H61-M LX, and the Gskill Snipers, the total cost also goes to around Rs 14,000[$252]

Finally, the figures in $$$ are approximate values that were given to me by google.

So please, all suggestions are welcome