Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   regular gaming computer (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/58018-regular-gaming-computer.html)

CTA November 22, 2012 12:48 AM

regular gaming computer

hi guys...

its long time that i come back to hwc.. i dont know about latest technology... so please give me a quick system for regular game (like ms3, gw2, halo4, etc)... especially world of tanks...

i am looking for best value... not too cheap nor expensive nor too overkill computer...

i think to add one ssd and regular hdd... 4gb of ram and win7 x64

thanks ;]

YoungMan November 22, 2012 02:26 AM

So, no budget, just value right?

AMD CPU/mobo bundles will be the best value. There was an FX-6100/mobo bundle for $150, 6 core unlocked cpu.
Radeon 7850 video card (black friday sales are off the hook) $150-160 after rebates.
8GB ram is standard these days roughly $20-40 for a 2x4gb kit, around $50-80 for 16gb, 2x8gb.
Intel 330 series SSDs are damn good values as well.
Look for specials this friday until monday, lots of stuff on the dirt cheap.

NCIX is having black friday specials, check up on them. If you don't mind the trip to Richmond, there's Memory Express as well.

On second thought, this stuff is good value, but it might not outperform your current system. Though it won't cost nearly as much as what you paid for your current one.

hossdaddy November 22, 2012 06:26 AM

need more info CTA. please answer the sticky.

CTA November 22, 2012 11:12 AM

youngman... amd? is it better than intel now?

oh right i forget about sticky thread... sorry i was sleepy last night..
---

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Do you want to multi-task and run lots of things at once? possible
What will you usually run at the same time? if like utorrent + game or ts3 + game + browser

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
-Does this include taxes, shipping, extended warranty coverage, etc. What isn't included in your budget and you have a separate budget for?

up to 1000 i guess

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.

here bc... whatever is better sale or price... nxic or me

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.

i am not amd person... but if amd better than intel then i will go for it

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
-This includes re-using peripherals such as a monitor, keyboard+mouse, speakers, your copy of an OS (i.e. windows retail version).

probably from my new cm690 II

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
-If you have, what conclusions have you drawn so far. If you haven't, why not (maybe just intimidating)?

no... just surf reviews from hwc...

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
-If you plan to over-clock, what are your expectations and current experience level? What do you want your experience level to be after you finish your over-clock?

i doubt it will be oc...

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
-Have you bought any parts yet, when are you starting to buy parts and when do you want to physically be putting it together?

asap

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
-If this is for gaming, tell us what resolution and the settings you wish to have in games (max everything, high, medium, or low). Do you turn AA on and do you care about gaming technology with PhysX, CUDA, eyfinity, 3D, etc?

mention above... mostly world of tanks

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
-Is there something you don't want to go without? USB 3.0 support, wifi n, SSD (solid state drives), blu-ray support, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, Super quiet case (low noise system), all-in-one memory card reader, specific front panel support? Those are just a few examples. If you aren't sure, but know you want to have 'the latest and greatest support' then just say so.

no clue... standard i guess

better? ;]

YoungMan November 22, 2012 02:17 PM

Uh.. I was focusing on value, bang for the buck. Intel's CPUs are better, but you're paying more for them. That said, focus on the upcoming deals today and this weekend. Values and stuff won't matter as prices are gonna be low for a lot of stuff.

CTA November 22, 2012 02:37 PM

allright i will take a look then ;]

bliz November 22, 2012 02:43 PM

Just an example of good 2012 gaming PC, around 1000 $:

I5 3570k
8gb ram
GTX 660ti (last series of nvidia)
1TB 7200rpm drive
corsair force series SSD 60gb
600W PSU 80+ bronze or more.
Any Z77 motherboard around 120$ or more

You will prefer intel ivy bridge CPU's ,and last series of graphics card from Nvidia, or AMD,but i prefer nvidia..

That is a pretty good config for games you wanna play.Especially WOT that is pretty badly optimizied ( i have been playing it for 2 years)
Of course,you can get cheaper computer that will be also good.

If you want bang for the buck,you will prefer a GTX 660 non ti

I would recommend that kind of configuration for 1080p or lower...
__________________________________________________ __

( i'm not a fanboy or everything, i'm just gonna say what i think),for quality and price
For HDD,i think the best are WD and Samsung
For SSD i don't know.
For ram i think they are pretty similar, just look for the frequences.
For PSU,i will prefer a BeQuiet! ,made in germany , or a Corsair.
For CPU i will prefer Intel.
For GPU i will prefer Asus,or MSI,or Gigabyte.
For motherboard i will prefer Gigabyte
For case... i recommend a case from 70 to 100$ for that kind of config.I don't really know which one, look how it looks...
For Case fans,i will prefer BeQuiet! ,because i like silent PC's
For CPU fans i will prefer a Corsair watercooling kit for awesomeness,but it's a bit expensive,so i will recommend a quiet CPU cooler from coolermaster,or a zalman.

That's only what i think,i know some people won't agree ,but all are pretty good brands i think.It's just what i would do for my computer!!!! Hope i helped

I would recommend that you OC your graphics card, it's really good,especially if you buy a 660 non ti.

CTA November 22, 2012 11:12 PM

yup it helps a lot!

look at NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories

so i will find best value of parts... please correct me if this is good..

Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail 220/260

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H MVP mATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 2PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 HDMI CrossFireX SATA3 USB3.0 MB 109/119

OR

MSI Z77A-G41 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 DVI HDMI CrossFireX USB3.0 Motherboard 70/85/119

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5in Internal Hard Drive - OEM 70/90

Corsair Vengeance Blue CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit 30/36

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ote=1&p=672657 270/290/315

Corsair CX Series CX750 750W ATX 12V 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply Active PFC Fan 140mm Fan 70/85/100

zm f3 and etc... no watercooling... he is not good at computer...

so what do you think

840 after MIR and sale... paid 889 and save 50.... the value is total 1039... ( yes i am sure i made a mistake... just estimate)

not bad as i thought...

bliz November 23, 2012 01:57 AM

Yea,very good parts!

CTA November 23, 2012 02:20 AM

i look at msi and gigabyte mobo so i will take gigabtye so my friend will not come back and complain...

now i forget about ssd... any recommend? 120gb should be enough...

SanDisk Extreme 120GB 2.5in SATA3 6GB/S SandForce SF-2281 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD
or
Kingston SVP200S37A/120G 120GB SSDNow V+200 SATA3 2.5 7MM Solid State Drive

i am not sure about kingston... well are they bad?