Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2012, 07:22 AM
Top Prospect

Do you know if NCIX does online price matching? I'd much rather get that PSU from them...

Also, I did a breakdown on a website that was supposed to show how much power I needed, it said only 580W for everything I listed above, along with the liquid cooled setup I'll be using down the road, does this sound right? I don't want to buy an 860W PSU if it wont be enough when I add another Graphics Card and my Liquid System.
Old October 23, 2012, 07:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

On psu's I almost always go overkill so I do not have to buy twice. As noted above, stay to the reputable brands.

NCIX does pricematch.
Old October 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
Top Prospect

Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to go with what Perineum posted. Especially after reading up on them.
Old October 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
Top Prospect

SO looking at prices of blue vs red 1Tb drives, they are only separated by 5 USD. Honestly, an extra 10 bucks for red drives is worth it don't you think? Unless there is some massive drawback to have them over blue.
Old November 2, 2012, 06:09 AM
Top Prospect

Well, I went ahead a got the HD7970 because of the great game deals (and because of the VAST improvements made on the new drivers) and I will say I am not disappointed. I've already done testing and some gameplay in my current build with this card. Linus did point something out to me that I did not know, (and now that I did a search on it here and some other forums). Apparently OCZ is going away and rather than dealing with all that I'm going to choose a different brand to purchase my SSD. Anyone with experience with a specific brand that you have ideas on? I WILL NOT go with OCZ so dont bother jumping to their defense, I've been burned by businesses going bye bye in the past and don't feel like dealing with it.
Old November 2, 2012, 06:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Do you have a link to where Linus said OCZ was going away?

I know they are having difficulties, obviously, but last I heard (yesterday) they were still going through a down-sizing effort with their new CEO...

Flash slash at OCZ: New CEO cuts nearly 200 jobs, 150 products ? The Register

Old November 2, 2012, 07:13 AM
Top Prospect

He said it in an email. His words were actually "I have no idea how much longer OCZ is going to last and the last thing you want is for your warranty to go away with the company."

Since I'm uninterested in what-ifs or bothering with a lack of certainty in the pains of a company, I'd just assume get a different brand. So my question is if anyone has had any luck or would personally endorse any specific company other than OCZ SSDs, since I haven't used an SSD for my OS drive yet, I'm curious as to what people out there have had luck with.
Old November 2, 2012, 07:41 AM
Top Prospect

One drive I was looking at was the Corsair Neutron Series (CSSD-N240GB3-BK) 240GB SATA III SSD