Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Video edition? Sure do, with much better hardware than the SR2 and your selected CPUs. But you would not be interested to know, because my parts are much cheaper than your proposal. And no, it does not kill my SSD (OCZ Revodrive 3, yes, the same company you don't trust...)

For your information, I bought the 1st SR-2, and went through 3 RMAs in 4 months. I would not touch this board again, even with a 10' pole.
Ah. RMAs. I see. That makes much more sense.

I am not opposed to changing about OCZ, from what Ive heard they've changed and had a bad period acccording to most.

I like the look of their $3000 1GB/s drives =P

Now that is an SSD...

I can believe in.
Old October 25, 2012, 06:41 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Seriously.

Ditch the SR-2.
Old October 25, 2012, 06:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culbrelai View Post
Would you blame you're tire salesman for a flat tire?

1) Same case here. If it doesn't work out, that is my business. I have asked nothing about wether my setup is good in everyones opinion because frankly I don't care. Just like cars, each will have a different experience and views will be warped based on that. Arguing about computer parts is like politics -_-

2) As for their processors, lot of cheap junk because their processor speeds are calculated as the sum of their cores. With intel processors, each core is the same speed which the processor is rated at.
1) Except that with computer components, especially CPUs and GPUs, we're not judging them based on 'user experience', but rather upon concrete metrics using well established tests. It's pretty clear when one processor can manipulate a specific set of data faster than another processor

2) What? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! So, you're telling me that my 3.8GHZ Hex Core AMD processor only has individual core speeds of 633MHZ? Wow, it's a wonder I can even type out this post, especially considering I'm folding, too.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old October 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
Allstar

oh my god my FX-8150 core run only at 450 mhz..... finally AMD are not that bad if a 450 mhz cpu can play BF3
Old October 25, 2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Seriously.

Ditch the SR-2.
Tell you what, if it really means that much to you, when I get it, install it, and it performs flawlessly for 4 months I will come on here and gloat endlessly.

If it fails before then, I will declare you leader of the universe and god among men.

Quote:
2) What? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! So, you're telling me that my 3.8GHZ Hex Core AMD processor only has individual core speeds of 633MHZ? Wow, it's a wonder I can even type out this post, especially considering I'm folding, too.
That is what i've heard, maybe they changed their ways. Either way, AMD is 85% of Intel performance with 50% of cost. Which is not different from my original statement. Intel = Quality, AMD = budget
Never seen so many AMD fanboys on one forum Q_q

Quote:
1) Except that with computer components, especially CPUs and GPUs, we're not judging them based on 'user experience', but rather upon concrete metrics using well established tests. It's pretty clear when one processor can manipulate a specific set of data faster than another processor
Show me the tests? How exactly two e5620s clocked to 3.5ghz with 16 cores does not perform as well on hyper threaded applications than one hex with 12 @4.5

I couldn't find any, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone with this setup. Much easier to brag with two processors as it is as well.

More and more games and such seem to be hyper threaded.
Old October 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Bragging is for kids. With your attitude, I only have one last reply:

Go. Buy that SR-2. And get lost. You add nothing to the Forum and its members since you will never convince one here that the SR-2 is worth it today.
Old October 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
Allstar

poor guy he don't realize that probably not a single game is using more than 3 cores, he don't even know the difference between a core and a tread, but he argue and argue....... a hex with 12 cores, lol , wake up, mister I know everything; hexa means 6 not 12

I tough the peoples who wants to brag get Mac....
Old October 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Bragging is for anyone with a hobby. That is the reason you take up a hobby, in fact, is to brag that your generic item (car, computer, etc) is suped up enough to be better that someone elses, normal one.

and I'm not looking to change anyones opinion, I merely do not go running away from one bad review. And that is all you are, really, is one bad review. Unless you can specify just what exactly is so horribly wrong with the SR-2, besides the fact you think its overpriced, which I'm not seeing.

Proof of using more than 3 cores

http://*********.com/showthread.php?t=1626456 (and good job, lol, supressing info from other places =P)
BF3 does, All unreal engine 3 games, I could go on.
Old October 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
Allstar

OK you are from US that's explain your association of hardware with politic....... Is Intel Democrat or Republican ?

You can use about any CPU in BF3 it will change nothing

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rk,3120-4.html

Battlefield 3 GPU & CPU Performance > CPU Scaling and Performance - TechSpot Reviews

2, 3, or 4 cores change nothing to in BF3

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e,3063-13.html

I try very hard to find a Harware Canuck Review on it before post those link
Old October 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Luckily Skyrim, also on that Tomshardware you linked, does matter.

Good thing I actually play Skyrim =P

Not to mention with BF3 it tends to depend on multiplayer, which is 90% of the game considering i heard the single player is crap

Either way, more games are going toward multithreading.

Eh.

Quote:
OK you are from US that's explain your association of hardware with politic....... Is Intel Democrat or Republican ?

Not an association, it was a metaphor.

I was drawing a comparison between them in they entail a lot of the same things.

Many people will not vote for one candidate based on a SINGLE issue that is not important in the big picture.

Similar to the way people are steered away from otherwise quality products by a single review.

Most large companies lean Republican, unfortunately -_- Sigh.

Last edited by Culbrelai; October 25, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Closed Thread