Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
Top Prospect

Default HTPC Build Question (Antec Kuhler H2O 620 + 2x 120mm Scythe Slim Fans)

Hey there fellow Canuckers. I'm kind of in a bind with my HTPC build and I need some guidance... I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the internet.

I'm building my HTPC around the Lian-Li Q08 mITX case. Right now I'm trying to fit the thing with an Antec Kuhler H2O 620 with two 120mm Scythe Slim (12mm) fans in a push pull configuration.

The problem is, I cannot attach the fan on the outside of the radiator with the long screws included with the Antec 620. I've looked and looked at different ways of doing it but cannot for the life of me figure it out. I don't have any screws that are short enough to attach the fan to the radiator.

Does anyone have any experience with these fans and this water cooler? Help would be really appreciated!
Old October 12, 2012, 02:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Measure the length required and get screws that are the appropriate length - usually a #6-32 thread, lenght as required. Alternative, you can always cut or grind the screws down to the appropiate length as well. Crappy Tire usually has various length black-oxide screws in a number of head types - Socket Head, Button HD (head), Flat HD, Phillips, etc (mind you, the one in Red Deer really has gone down hill with their selection). Or if you work in a shop of some sort they should have some to spare.
Old October 12, 2012, 06:52 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Measure the length required and get screws that are the appropriate length - usually a #6-32 thread, lenght as required. Alternative, you can always cut or grind the screws down to the appropiate length as well. Crappy Tire usually has various length black-oxide screws in a number of head types - Socket Head, Button HD (head), Flat HD, Phillips, etc (mind you, the one in Red Deer really has gone down hill with their selection). Or if you work in a shop of some sort they should have some to spare.
I was thinking to grind down the screws. It's a bit difficult to measure but I'll go to Gregg Distributions here in town, they seem to have a very wide selection. I'm sure if I take the long ones with me as a reference I can get the exact length I need. Thanks!
Old October 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
Top Prospect

I managed to get them grinded down to the prefect length. Now all I need to do is figure out how to attach the other slim on the other side of the radiator. Any suggestions?