Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2012, 02:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Emory cloth or a scotch brite pad, then self-etching primer. Then paint.
Old October 16, 2012, 03:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Emory cloth or a scotch brite pad, then self-etching primer. Then paint.
If there is a local Partsource around, they have both Emory Cloth and Self-etching primer, usually at decent prices. That or a Carquest.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I thought I roughed it up pretty good with some metal sand paper I had left over from back when I lapped my old Vendetta 2. Perhaps it was just the 4 year old Krylon metal paint I had..who knows. I won't be taking this rig apart again until I get a new case and a proper water cooling loop to go with it.

This Corsair H100 CPU cooler works pretty good I must admit but it certainly isn't elegant in my eyes as the tubes are wirery and stubborn and having these unsightly fan plugs hanging out of the all in one pump and block really is unfortunate. Not to mention the close proximity that the rad has to be so to stretch the fan wire back into the pump/block really restricts where you can mount the rad. I knew all this beforehand so really no biggy as I bought it for good cheap cooling which I'm happy to say surpassed my expectations. The H100 certainly cools like a champ, I bought 2 Gentle typhoons in push and 2 Noctua P12s in pull now and my core temps fell like a stone. I'd certainly recommend this H100 in the future but I'd caution not to use the corsair fans that come with the unit. They are ungodly loud and don't do the job anywhere near as good as the outstanding fans I have installed in this bad boy now.

A slight mistake on my part and I ordered the 4x4gb Mushkin Blacklines instead of the 2x8gb sticks but all worked out in the end as I'll probably never upgrade this rig to 32gb of ram and I had absolutely no problems having these recognised and thus far are working as intended regardless of Asus' QVL milarchy.

As for the Sabertooth I really do love it and the Bios as far as I'v looked into it seems streamlined and easy to navigate. As for the whole Asus Armor I'm taking this with a grain of salt. To me I get the feeling it's just a buncha salesmanship BS to be totally honest. They seal everything up like it's got a raincoat on and trap all the heat the board produces and then gives you 2 of these annoying tiny fans to help move that hot air away from the PCB. I've been wrong before so I'll just nod my head and eat what Asus cooked up for dinner.