Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25, 2012, 03:36 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default My new rig

This is my first home built PC, and I guess I'm pretty proud of myself.
Bought everything from NCIX.com, delievered fast, and nothing was DOA. Windows installed, and all drivers updated with no problems. (Although I was scared of the BIOS when I first saw it )

Specs:
Corsair c70 case black
Gigabyte z77x-ud3h mobo
i5-2500k
8GB ddr3 Corsair vengeance ram
EVGA GeForce gtx 550ti
yadda yadda yadda..
(probably going to get a corsair h60/80/100 sometime, and a Corsair SSD aswell.

I got the "NoCorsair" idea from my build, and how most parts are made by Corsair. It was alvalible on gmail/youtube, so I decided to take it.

So I thought I would share since I guess you guys like seeing others builds. if you got any comments or whatever, I don't care, ask ahead.

Old September 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks good. What do you do with your computer? If you do much gaming I would go for a faster graphics card before the cooler. But nice component selection. Enjoy.
Old September 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Nice build. The 550ti is a good card, but it won't keep up to the 2500k in gaming. Either way it looks great. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old September 25, 2012, 06:38 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Looks good. What do you do with your computer? If you do much gaming I would go for a faster graphics card before the cooler. But nice component selection. Enjoy.
I plan on just average gaming, I'm not a "huge" BF3 or Crysis guy, but I have a deep passion for anything valve. And this system covers the source engine like a charm obviously.

I plan on buying a new GPU (a other GTX, Nvidia Biased here) and the h100 around November.
Should I try one of the new GTX 660's? They look nice
Old September 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

corsair makes computer parts?
Old September 26, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

GTX 660ti and "yes", with low SSD prices an SSD Boot Drive is pretty much standard now.

Old September 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice clean machine! Without a doubt I would get an OS for your boot drive.

Gotta say IMHO Gigabyte needs to get away from the teal-ish color scheme. Your board has a very nice matte black pcb that looks great... they just gotta work on the sinks now. Personally I think white would be one color that I would appreciate.
Old September 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
Nice clean machine! Without a doubt I would get an OS for your boot drive.

Gotta say IMHO Gigabyte needs to get away from the teal-ish color scheme. Your board has a very nice matte black pcb that looks great... they just gotta work on the sinks now. Personally I think white would be one color that I would appreciate.
I almost got my color scheme perfect, haha. I really wanted a blue-ish GPU, but I stuck to gtx550ti, since it was only like 80 bucks. Once I get rid of the stock cooler and get a Corsair H100 cooler in there, and a better looking GPU and some blue LED lights, I think it'll look awesome