Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2012, 03:58 AM
Top Prospect

Hey i have read some review.. and its written... for gaming we should go for benq XL2420T.. and for other purposes we should choose Dell... cuz they dell only has 60Hz but benq has 120Hz... 120Hz does it really make tat much difference???
Old September 16, 2012, 06:52 AM
Top Prospect

That kind of question will get you multiple replys for each end of things. Some people say they would never game on anything that isn't 120hz, me personally I don't see much of a difference on something as small as a 24" monitor.. On my 55" TV watching sports or racing games.. Yeah I notice a difference. I choose resolution/image quality over the 120hz. But you will get lots saying I am crazy and go 120hz or nothing.

All I can say is my Dell 2412 is an amazing monitor, works awesome gaming, and once I get a 2nd gpu I will be ordering 2 more when on sale for eyefinity :)

Benq is good too, I think they are the official monitor of the MLG this year, ( not that it means they are the best just because they are MLG preferred ) but if people are using them for 10+ hour tournaments at a time and not complaining they must be pretty good.
Old September 16, 2012, 06:58 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zypho View Post
That kind of question will get you multiple replys for each end of things. Some people say they would never game on anything that isn't 120hz, me personally I don't see much of a difference on something as small as a 24" monitor.. On my 55" TV watching sports or racing games.. Yeah I notice a difference. I choose resolution/image quality over the 120hz. But you will get lots saying I am crazy and go 120hz or nothing.

All I can say is my Dell 2412 is an amazing monitor, works awesome gaming, and once I get a 2nd gpu I will be ordering 2 more when on sale for eyefinity :)

Benq is good too, I think they are the official monitor of the MLG this year, ( not that it means they are the best just because they are MLG preferred ) but if people are using them for 10+ hour tournaments at a time and not complaining they must be pretty good.

Ohhh ok... Thanks for explaining.... I will go wil Dell and its IPS display... Thanks again... ^_^
Old September 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
Top Prospect

Smile

Finally Everyone i finished my Build... Thank u soooooooo much all... for suggesting me, teaching me, and for being with me for the last couple of days thanks... Thanks a lot....

This is my finished Build... and i just cant wait to get my hands on it hehe...

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Graphics Card: Asus Geforce GTX680 2GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence ST
Sound System: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506
Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2412M
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard(Dragon Age II Edition)
Mouse: Razer Naga Laser Gaming Mouse
Case/Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Case Cooler: Cooler Master Megaflow 200, Cooler Master Excalibur Cooler
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 16 GB RAM (F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL)
Power Supply: Seasonic 850W Power Supply (SS-850KM)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD

Once Again Thanks Everyone... ^_^
Old September 16, 2012, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaoran7li View Post
Hey i have read some review.. and its written... for gaming we should go for benq XL2420T.. and for other purposes we should choose Dell... cuz they dell only has 60Hz but benq has 120Hz... 120Hz does it really make tat much difference???
As I said before, they both have their good points..

For me the Dell is better. The image quality affects all aspects of the monitors usage.
The 120mhz monitors provide a bit smoother experience in things like FPS games where you are looking around allot and quickly.

Which is more important to you is hard to say until you try them. Would be great to experience them first but all you can generally do is go by what people have said and try make a choice by whats more important to you.

The only thing I would change with that build would be double the SSD.. 256GB, especially if you have a couple of large packages like photoshop or the like and a few big games will fill 120GB in no time.
Remember that you do not want to fill an SSD, keep maybe 10% free.
A larger drive will be faster, give you more room for programs and games, suffer less from any form of degradation and with your budget and the cost of SSD's these days there should be no reason not to go 256GB.
Old September 16, 2012, 11:59 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
As I said before, they both have their good points..

For me the Dell is better. The image quality affects all aspects of the monitors usage.
The 120mhz monitors provide a bit smoother experience in things like FPS games where you are looking around allot and quickly.

Which is more important to you is hard to say until you try them. Would be great to experience them first but all you can generally do is go by what people have said and try make a choice by whats more important to you.

The only thing I would change with that build would be double the SSD.. 256GB, especially if you have a couple of large packages like photoshop or the like and a few big games will fill 120GB in no time.
Remember that you do not want to fill an SSD, keep maybe 10% free.
A larger drive will be faster, give you more room for programs and games, suffer less from any form of degradation and with your budget and the cost of SSD's these days there should be no reason not to go 256GB.

Ohhhh coool... Thanks... I will go with dell... for me quality is more important...

Thanks for suggesting....

This is my final build then...

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Graphics Card: Asus Geforce GTX680 2GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence ST
Sound System: Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506
Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2412M
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard(Dragon Age II Edition)
Mouse: Razer Naga Laser Gaming Mouse
Case/Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Case Cooler: Cooler Master Megaflow 200, Cooler Master Excalibur Cooler
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 16 GB RAM (F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL)
Power Supply: Seasonic 850W Power Supply (SS-850KM)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 240 GB

Once Again Thanks.. Everyone...

And i changed my mind abt overclocking.. will be overclocking once i finish my build.. so i will be back again.. hehe... Thanks again...