Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
Rookie

Default First PERSONAL Liquid cooling build

So I've been building computer for about 3-4 years for people and I also built an entry PC for myself. Now I am upgrading I have a list of parts that i have already decided on but I am not sure if a Fan controller is absolutely necessary. The rads are XSPC 360mm triple rad and XSPC 140mm Single rad both in push-pull. I also might add 3 front intake fans. Please help me out here
Old September 5, 2012, 07:11 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

A fan controller is a must in this case. Be careful to pick one that can handle enough watt on each channel.
Old September 5, 2012, 07:38 PM
Rookie

Any recommendations?
Old September 6, 2012, 01:08 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I wouldn't say that fan controller in this situation is absolutely necessary but it makes things a lot easier to set up. Having personally used Lamptron fan controllers, they are solid and will easily fit your needs. You could go for a Lamptron FC5v2 and control 8 fans in total with 4 Y-splitters in every channel. Each channel on the Lamptron unit is more than sufficient to power a pair of fans, no sweat.

You might want to avoid touch sensitive units, nice to look at but it is a PITA to use especially when you compare how fast adjustments can be made with physical controls(knob, sliders).