Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Sorry

Sorry did not know, new on this forum so, my bad!

Old July 26, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Why did you post to a thread that is 4 years old instead of just starting your own thread?

I was thinking the same thing. When I first opened the thread I didn't notice the original post date and was a little.....confused about the part choices for the "new build".

The new build is nice though. Good choices. The power supply is massively overkill for a single gtx 560Ti though (you could have gone with a 650w and still have headroom).
Old July 26, 2012, 06:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Preferred to be overkill than overheating, didn't want to take a chance whatsoever, I think I succeeded!
Thanks for the approval of my new PC, took a long time to chose appropriate pieces and had a few dollars on the side so went crazy...Just hope will not regret my impulsive but calculated spending!

Old July 27, 2012, 03:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

In which case you failed horribly.. if your gonna overspend something.. make it the graphics card.. 670 was easily in your budget..
also with that kind of budget.. look at at least a 1920x1200 24" screen, possibly 3 or a 27" 2560x1440..
or a better SSD? Intel 520 240GB?

You've overspent in the wrong areas.. like PSU.. half that would have been plenty.. CPU is extreme overkill unless your rendering / compiling / encoding all day.

Some stuff you'll see a bigger gain from than others. Like good screen, sound, graphics etc..
Most stuff people do (especially game) is not so heavy on the cpu, or more to the point this many threads..
Old July 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Well you know what to each is own, as I progress in my knowledge of hardware and others I will decide what I think I like best (while listening to sound advise), what suits someone does not necessarily mean it suit another. I am pretty happy with my new screen up to know if not later on I can always upgrade it, as for my PSU I stand by my choice don't care much for your opinion on that subject. And for my CPU don't worry money well spend with the stuff I want to do, and yes honestly I like what I bought so thank you for your feedback and what is important is I am learning all the time and I can always change and upgrade.

Old August 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I am so mad you would not believe it. I just brag about my new acquisition the powerful PSU Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250, well the jokes on me(Dzzope)! The damn thing does not work any more after being installed for two bloody months, what the heck! I communicated with the manufacturer to be told that this particular PSU was deactivated! What the heck does that mean I ask you? Top of the line PSU, I read only good reviews about the darn thing and bang! Can't replace it, can't buy it, can't do fluck all with it! Darn, darn, darn, what's a girl to do! I overpay the darn thing I put my money where I shouldn't and that's all the pleasure I get, well fluck it... I mad like heck!
Sorry for the bad language, I apologize if I offend it anyone but darn it life is bitch when it comes to computers and what not!
Old August 17, 2012, 01:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I get on the PowerGuard a red light, I went on the Enermax website and did all the troubleshooting they suggest and nothing the red light stays on, just won't budge! Darn it got to send it back to them and hopefully get my money back, bought the darn thing on ebay from a reputable seller can't complain about that. The seller was decent enough to tell me all the rules and regulations about the refunds and what not, he can't help me I need to communicate with Comtronic Computer Inc. to get my RMA number or else I won't get reimbursed because they can't repair it since it is deactivated (first time I hear of this) usually it would be obsolete, or upgrade it but deactivate first time. Well you learn something everyday, what can I say; so if any of you people can suggest me a PSU that has good value, price and stamina please don't be shy I am all ears!
Old August 18, 2012, 04:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Corsair TX 650 V2 is about the best in price-performance.. 650 is all you need for a single card.. 850 if your gonna sli at some point..

XFX Antec and corsair use Seasonic as their supplier and they are damn good units.. seasonics tend to be slightly better but more expensive.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.. contacting the supplier/manufacturer for an RMA number is standard practice.. they will then either repair, replace, upgrade or refund depending on the item.
Old August 18, 2012, 06:53 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default new PSU

Thank you for your insight and input,

Gratitude to you Sir,