Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2012, 04:29 AM
Rookie

Once again guys, I'm looking for hand-me down parts here, or anything not in use. And if you live in the region i'd be more than happy to do something for your spare parts!

Once I start accumulating parts ill post pictures and a check list of sorts.

I'm just hoping to get this thing off the ground and this Mobo should really help!

Thank you again and I'm open to all ideas and suggestions.
Old August 9, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

For the earning of parts.. Soul has already said if you do 2 hrs a week for a month in a food bank (with proof) he will get you ram and a processor...

Even working a full time job this should be easily doable..
Hell, you might find that you really enjoy doing it and keep it up even after you get the processor...
Old August 9, 2012, 09:14 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
For the earning of parts.. Soul has already said if you do 2 hrs a week for a month in a food bank (with proof) he will get you ram and a processor...

Even working a full time job this should be easily doable..
Hell, you might find that you really enjoy doing it and keep it up even after you get the processor...
I'm not looking for pitty or anything but im just getting by and not really in the position to take a risk on something like this. I'm willing to help this community out as much as I can. I can't be wasting my time espessially with my job ending soon and my current living conditions. I'm trying really hard to get some expierience so when I do eventually need to find a job I'll have something solid to put on my resume. But with my current finicial situation its very difficult to do this on my own.
Old August 9, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
I'm not looking for pitty or anything but im just getting by and not really in the position to take a risk on something like this. I'm willing to help this community out as much as I can. I can't be wasting my time espessially with my job ending soon and my current living conditions. I'm trying really hard to get some expierience so when I do eventually need to find a job I'll have something solid to put on my resume. But with my current finicial situation its very difficult to do this on my own.

building 1 pc on a resume in nothin

odds are you might kill first build

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old August 9, 2012, 09:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

so when citizen is working at the food bank, is he supposed to check and see if the people receiving the food are also being of service 2 hours a week somewhere?

just pointing out the irony.
Old August 9, 2012, 10:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirerogue View Post
so when citizen is working at the food bank, is he supposed to check and see if the people receiving the food are also being of service 2 hours a week somewhere?

just pointing out the irony.
Not quite irony seeing as the fact that a food bank is there to help people get a basic necessity, which happens to be FOOD. What the OP is looking to do is build himself a newish computer, which is essentially a luxury rather then a necessity.
Old August 9, 2012, 10:44 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
Take a risk? It's 2 hours.
I have 4 children, work 50+ hours a week, a wife that works full time, and I find time to help with a Sheppard's lunch that a few of us at work help with on our day off.
Maybe I took what you said wrong, and as for solid on a resume....adding food bank volunteer activity to your resume, would be an amazing addition. Along with any volunteer activity
Old August 9, 2012, 11:37 AM
Rookie

Look guys theres no need to get personal here. Either you want to help or not. Really I didnt think about any of this with the incrption of this idea. This whole thing is meant to be a cool experiment that I wanted to see if it could be done. There is no need to explain to me basic morals and etiquette. I'm sorry if I've affended anyone.

Can we please get back on track here.

If anyone has anything at all they can spare I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Old August 9, 2012, 11:39 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
building 1 pc on a resume in nothin

odds are you might kill first build
Yeah I know, thats why I need all the experience I can get.
Old August 9, 2012, 11:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thread closed.

Sorry I didn't jump on this sooner folks, I meant to when it first was posted but was on my way out the door and never managed to get back to it.

While not strictly against the rules, we tend to frown upon these kinds of threads as we've had nothing but grief from them in the past. Allowing one to continue would also open up the floodgates to daily "gimme free stuff" threads which is not something we want to deal with. :)

Generally, the only kind of "Charity" threads we'll allow are those which have been vetted and approved by staff, or the occasional one-of "I broke XXX, does anybody happen to have an old one kicking around" thread from established members.

Since I left this open for comment for so long, I'm going to leave it up rather than delete it so that folks who wish may contact the OP via PM to make arrangements for gear. That said... if anybody else is out there looking at this thread and thinking that they'd like to start one themselves, please don't bother, it'll just be deleted out of hand. :)

Have a great day, and my appologies to the OP for leaving this so long without taking action.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Closed Thread

Tags
donate , first build , help with new build , old parts