Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2012, 02:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
I put a challenge to you NewB if you can get me a signed work sheet from your local food bank that you put in a measly 2 hours a week with them for a month, I will personally buy you a CPU and Ram or a GPU.

Or if you help the people out on here and go above and beyond then I will return the favor to you, ask the Admins I'm not BSing you I give away high end stuff but only to those who earn it and help their fellow nerds, or community.
rad
Old August 7, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Before you give this newb anything make sure you see his helping hands in action to help the great forum, I have seen some very charismatic newb's on here who just bent long time forum members over and went to town, so I would not give greatness to a 4 poster till you see if he is the real deal.

but thats just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirerogue View Post
a very well thought out post.

a closed mouth does not get fed.

i have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i would be willing to donate. used for 3 months. works perfect. have the box and accessories.

i'd rather give it somebody to use rather than letting it sit in my closet until it becomes obsolete.

pm me the address. if you want to reimburse me for shipping, i think it's like $13 coming from the us, that would be cool but, not required. you can wait until you receive it.

maybe another forum member could cough up a processor and/or memory. that's a challenge fellas!!!
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old August 7, 2012, 03:11 PM
Rookie

Hey guys I am appreciating all the feedback and ideas already! I here what your all saying. When I get a minute later tonight I'll address some of the concerns and post replies to everyone. Thanks again!
Old August 7, 2012, 03:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i am more of an ask and ye shall receive kinda guy.

don't care much if he does anything for it. i would much rather see him do something with it.

maybe just having the board will inspire him to obtain the rest of the parts.
Old August 7, 2012, 06:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post

Mind you, if you want to play AOE, you should be able to just run HD3000 graphics... Or maybe there's a GT430 out there that nobody's using...
You are indeed right, although I just mention AOE2 since its one of my favourite PC games of all time! Plus its also one of the only ones I could ever run.

Quote:
damn you guys are crazy, I give away tons but not till I see the forum member help out others on here, in time I might help you out there bud but not till I see the favor returned to the forum :)
I see where your coming from and I do understand that I'm premature in asking anything of this community.

Quote:
I put a challenge to you NewB if you can get me a signed work sheet from your local food bank that you put in a measly 2 hours a week with them for a month, I will personally buy you a CPU and Ram or a GPU.

Or if you help the people out on here and go above and beyond then I will return the favor to you, ask the Admins I'm not BSing you I give away high end stuff but only to those who earn it and help their fellow nerds, or community.
I see exactly where your coming from and understand the hostility. Nothing is free and I understand people just don't give handouts! I also understand that I am a newby posting in these great forums.

The thing is where I was coming from was the idea that this could be a cool experiment to try and see if it could be done with myself logging it the whole time. This would be my sort of jump start contribution to the forums. As it stands now I really have nothing to offer this community except for this experiment. I would love to help and contribute to this community but as it stands right now I'm very inexperienced and don't know how much I can offer. This project is meant to give me give me insight into building PC's and gain knowledge so I can contribute.

As for the community service idea I see what your saying and think its a reasonable idea I will get back to you on it. But right now I do work full time. If you know other ways in which I can contribute to the forums and this community I'm all ears and willing to do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21
Before you give this newb anything make sure you see his helping hands in action to help the great forum, I have seen some very charismatic newb's on here who just bent long time forum members over and went to town, so I would not give greatness to a 4 poster till you see if he is the real deal.

Like I said this is also meant to give me PC building experience. Right now I have none, but the knowledge and know how I do have, but that's not good enough to put on a resume, I need some real hands on experience. My job is ending soon and I hope to apply to local computer repair and retail shops, but as I've learned from inquiring with these places and with this community is that they like to see hands on stuff. Right now I'm unable to gain this experience on my own and with my budget, thus the reason for this Idea.

Again I'm very willing to help this community in any way I can!

Last edited by CitizenErased; August 7, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old August 7, 2012, 06:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Good luck finding a processor to go in that board for nothing... I actually very surprised that board is going for free (fair dues to wire)

I think soul gave you the best advice anyone could for getting a system thats going to play anything modern at decent fps..
You may need a lil more info about whats in your area but he has hit the nail on the head..

Alternatively you can stand on the side of the street with a sign saying "Will work for computer parts"
Your right! and fair dues to wire for sure! This will be an amazing jump start!

I have been inquiring in my local area and on Kijiji and CS but there is already a tone of posts like that on there and I thought I could turn this into a cool experiment! one that I can log and show a possible future employer.

Your right about the processor but I'm thinking that maybe if this gets enough traction and I have everything else someone super generous like wirerogue might come along and help me finish it off! or i'll have to do something special and earn it.
Old August 7, 2012, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

exactly how i feel

i'll be building 2 more pcs soon for a womans shelter

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old August 7, 2012, 06:37 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
exactly how i feel

Again I agree I'm willing to do stuff and contribute! I'm open for ideas on how I can contribute and show I'm the real deal! trust me I'm eager as ever.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
exactly how i feel

You are the man zsamz you need anything hit me up thats a great cause, my current systems for giveaway are going to respect a bully dog and to families with children with disabilities. I seek out most I give things to so that I can confirm they are truly in need :)

keep up the amazing work :D
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old August 8, 2012, 02:30 AM
Top Prospect

no fair i want a free computer too! lol just jks ill save my money and be able to get one in a year or so... Interesting idea though for sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
donate , first build , help with new build , old parts