Dont bother with trying to sli the 560s anymore. Two of them will cost around 400 bucks right? Maybe less but the point is that you would be better off getting one of amds 7800's or the gtx 670 (or the 660ti when it comes out if you can wait.) It will be more future proof so to speak and more than likely be easier on the wallet if you go with a more powerful single card than 2 slower ones IMO. The 560ti is a great card but is falling out of favour and SLI'ing them when you have better options is not something I would do
Well, I don't really like the title of your post... But w/e, what I can say is that if you are planning to go for the 560 SLI later, you should get a stringer PSU, like 750W or 800W. You better spend a bit more now than risquing having to change it when you'll by your other card. For the HDD, I tend to think that 320Go isn't that much, and that maybe you can go for a bigger one, like 500Go or 1To, and upgrade with a SSD later for the speed, instead of going RAID 0. You'll get better speed and data safety that way. I can't comment on Intel mobo as I never used them. I now they don't perform better than Asus or Gigabyte, but maybe they really are more reliable.
EDIT: BigPhatPaulie, you posted too fast :( Going with a 670 would be 100$ higher that 560 SLI, but you wouldn't need stronger PSU, and the 670 performs better, and will be upgradable in SLI in a year or 2 if needed, or you can wait for the 660's, that should be available soon I think (this mouth)
Last edited by Arkilion; August 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
My suggestion would be to avoid the 5xx series of geforce video cards. I would try and get enough money together to buy a 670, and then sli it in the future for an upgrade path if you really have your heart set on sli.
Aside, SLI/crossfire is something I feel should only be used to go over what the best single card solution can do. It can be tedious to setup and maintain, and it consumes a ton more power. Also, certain games do not scale well with multi gpu, although most work great now. If you want an upgrade path I would suggest planning to sell your hardware and buying a new single card solution when needed. You can also take advantage of local sellers of video cards, depending on where you live. I scored three used 6950's that work great for about 1/2 of msrp.
i think my post was unapproved by the moderators problably because of links. i hope i dont have a bad begining here. i think ill read the rules and stuff for the forums after posting this.
after seeing how much i really have in the stock market account on edward jones i believe i can now afford another card (up to 1000 dollars is what i am aiming for now). i will be removing the fans since perinium says they are terrible. im also removing the hard drive because without the hard drive, it stays close to 1000 dollars. i do have a 250gb sata 2 hard drive and an IDE RAID controller (Sil 0680) so it shouldn't be too bad. i have like 2 IDE hard drives laying around as well (80gb total).
im also going to do a method where if i need more video card power later on in the future i will purchase another 670 to add to the computer. that is, THE UPGRADE PATH!
if anyone has a hard drive (Seagate or WD) that wont bring the price up to 1,069 then that would be great. i need a hard drive that keeps the price to the nearest thousand (1000).
thanks in advance.
EDIT: never mind! im going to purchase another 250 GB HDD thats the same as the one i got (SP2504C) and set them up in raid giving me 500gb of HDD space that would be equal to a 500gb SATA3 drive.
thanks for the help guys. ill purchase all this stuff once i get my money after. if anyone has any objectons, feel free to to let me know. again, thanks!
Last edited by Gameman Advanced Kid; August 4, 2012 at 01:57 PM.