Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2012, 04:45 PM
Rookie

Default Direct Canada Question

I am new, so I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.

I live in Cape Breton, around North Sydney(This will come ion handy later)

I was going to order from direct canada when I saw review comment saying if you live in a rural area you would have to drive longer in order to pick it your parts.
My question is will I have to drive far to pick up my parts? Can't simply go to a Canada post?

Extra question Do all computer parts come one at a time or all at once?
Old August 2, 2012, 04:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think that if you choose Canada Post for transport, they will deliver to your home. If you choose another one carrier, then you will need to driver to their depot. Im not 100%, wait for more asnwer.

Welcome to the forum !!!
• ► ›Server system
• ► › |I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

• ► ›Twitch
Old August 2, 2012, 05:08 PM
Rookie

Thanks for replying.
I hope this isn't what I will have to do because I will have to got back even more,
I willl wait for more responses until I order
Old August 2, 2012, 06:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I can't say for sure but I would imagine that is meant for places that are really remote and being your from cape breton area it shouldn't be a problem because isn't cape breton in the east end of Toronto ?? JK

I have never ordered from them but I just glanced at their site and this is about all I could find on shipping,

"Shipping Promotion
DirectCanada shipping offers not valid to PO Boxes, Canadian Territories, and certain rural areas. $9.99 Air Shipping Offer valid only for qualifying items for orders under 5 lbs. Free Ground Shipping on orders over $50 are limited to a maximum weight of 50lbs."
Old August 2, 2012, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The stuff I ordered there was all shipped purolator. I have always had to pick it up, and I was not very rural. I had no zeros in my postal code.
Old August 3, 2012, 12:20 AM
Top Prospect

U could try and go with memory express. Their price beating option is awesome. I have yet to use them though I plan on using them on my next build.
Old August 3, 2012, 08:56 AM
Rookie

Default Purolator Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
The stuff I ordered there was all shipped purolator. I have always had to pick it up, and I was not very rural. I had no zeros in my postal code.

Hello Jake_HT,

I am very sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time receiving deliveries to your door. I would like to follow up on this with local management. You can send me your information at customer.care@purolator I will gladly look into this for you.

Best regards,

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.www.Purolator.com
E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp
Old August 3, 2012, 12:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukka View Post
U could try and go with memory express. Their price beating option is awesome. I have yet to use them though I plan on using them on my next build.
I was all happy about using this, used shopbot and made most of the costs lower then I found out they don't do paypal
Old August 3, 2012, 01:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukka View Post
I was all happy about using this, used shopbot and made most of the costs lower then I found out they don't do paypal
Old August 3, 2012, 01:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

ncix, memory express both do pricematch.

DC far as I know will do canada post orderes, another one to look at is, hookbag.ca, very fast, very good pricing, and I believe they have every option for shipping, thier staff is also able to contact you from email(very helpfull) I got my msi 7870 from them, cheapest place I could get it, ordered, recieved 2 days later no probs :)