Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15, 2012, 11:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Honestly, I don't think it's that many fans haha. All I'm really doing is adding one fan (megaflow) the rest (including noctua) are stock pc component fans.

Plus the corsair psu is the same one as newegg and has great reviews both locally and on newegg.
Old July 16, 2012, 12:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I notice there is no front intake fan there.. might be better to put that mega flow in the front as an intake rather than as an extra output. (already have a 140mm and 200mm output)

I thought the Corsair PSU's made by seasonic were the TX and AX lines.. didn't think they did the other.. as said, would need verification..
Most users won't see the difference in a psu unless it goes bang.. Seasonic (or seasonic based) will provide cleaner power and last longer than other units (of lesser quality)
Old July 16, 2012, 01:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wait I thought the front 230mm fan was intake? Plus are you saying the PSU is a bad one?
And with all the fans, can it actually take the fans? Like are there enough plugs/ports?

Edit:
Scratch that, it looks like i might have to settle for the Corsair TX650M 650W.
Is this a good power supply?
-I believe its enough power to power everything my pc needs.
-Can this hold all the fans?
-Can the motherboard take all the fans and the cables from the PSU?

Thank you so much in advance. I need to learn how to figure this out on my own too though.

Last edited by PcWizTech; July 16, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old July 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You'll see when you start building..

On the fans.. yes your psu could power many many more than you have (didn't see a front one listed.. but was tired and may have missed it)

As for where to plug em all in.... usually they will come with 1 or 2 of a few kinds of connectors...
If they have a molex connector then use that for power and then the 3/4 pin small one is for controlling it.. not *needed* but lets you control the speed (and noise) of the fans..

Your not guaranteed to have enough spots on the motherboard BUT, some fans come with their own lil controller, or you can buy a fan controller that will do them all (apart from cpu)

The motherboard will take a grand total of 2 of the connectors from the psu... the gpu will take 2 the rest are for HDD, SDD, dvd, fans, lights etc etc etc.. any you don't need you don't plug in...
It's actually pretty simple once you get it together and see how it fits..
Old July 17, 2012, 12:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thank you once again for your response. I have finally settled on my build.
I will try to find an online manual of my motherboard so I get some information.
My plan is to get two megaflow 200mm red LED fans and replace one at the top an out a second one at the top too. I will also purchase some LOGISYS Computer ML12RD 12" 18 LED Super Bright Sunlight sticksX2 and install those on the side.
I believe I have enough power for this correct? Aside from all this, looks like I'm set for the build. Now I just have to wait to get paid (:

Edit:
I noticed that the 16gb Corsair vengeance black low profile ram that i picked is not on the qualifying ram list that the motherboard has in the manual. But i believe the SAME exact one (in blue) is on that list? Is the ram that i picked compatible?? Thank you!

Last edited by PcWizTech; July 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM.