Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3, 2012, 02:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucasrivers View Post
Hey,

The BFG PSU, Corsair RAM, Case, MB and 1.5TB HDD i already have from my old build, i was going to reuse them. The reason i'm going with Wintronics is because i can walk there and pick up all my parts ( I don't like to wait for delivery lol). Then it's also easier if anything is wrong with a part.

If it's not worth it to get on SSD for games how would this be, a 90GB SSd for the OS, and a seagate momentus XT 500GB hybrid-HDD for games as i do have alot.

I am a big fan of going down to the computer store to buy parts instead of ordering off the interwebs. If something goes wrong there's someone i can speak to in person.
Old July 3, 2012, 07:39 PM
Rookie

Fair Enough then, I thought you only had the motherboard already.
Old July 21, 2012, 10:29 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post

I am a big fan of going down to the computer store to buy parts instead of ordering off the interwebs. If something goes wrong there's someone i can speak to in person.

I'm the same as you,

However I got friends that refuse to buy anything for their computer at a retail outlet, even mice or keyboards.

For me, I like the peace of mind and convenience I get from buying at a retail outlet. I will cut costs else where to make up the difference.
Old July 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I'm the same as you,

However I got friends that refuse to buy anything for their computer at a retail outlet, even mice or keyboards.

For me, I like the peace of mind and convenience I get from buying at a retail outlet. I will cut costs else where to make up the difference.
Totally depends on the retail outlet in your area. I find most places aren't as knowledgeable, especially in CURRENT hardware, as most enthusiasts and that they charge for the last generation like it's the current.

Buying online (especially a higher-end machine) will save you / give you about 10 - 15% difference.. and I don't value their help that much.. RMA's are the only thing which is easier as they take the costs of shipping.
But then I don't RMA often.