Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
Rookie

Default New Build Glitchy Graphics

Hi Guys,

I just recently made a new PC, everything new.

I purchased the following:

P8z77-V PRO,
Intel i5 3570k

(NOTE: I'm using the integrated graphics from CPU)

From day one, i've been getting red/colored lines vertically through my screen for a quick second when #1, boot up, #2 sometimes when switching into or out of a window. (Always displayed when transferring through black screen for a second)

I didn't think too much of it, thought it might just need a driver update for the CPU or motherboard and now just passed my 15 days direct replacement. ( /sadface )

I'm wondering if you guys have experienced this and might know the cause, whether i should worry or not. (replace motherboard, cpu ASAP)

Thanks!
Old June 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
MVP

If I remember correctly on Ivy Bridge the built in GPU can also be overclocked...is your CPU/GPU overclocked? what kind of temps are you getting?
Old June 27, 2012, 08:45 PM
Rookie

I haven't really touched anything yet, bios still needs to be updated, and i'm sure a lot of other things too. (i haven't over clocked it) Don't think it came over clocked, either
Old June 28, 2012, 12:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Did you uninstall your old graphics drivers, reboot and clean with Driver Sweeper?

Why do you say the BIOS needs to be updated?
Old June 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
MVP

My asus z77 board overclocked my 2500k by itself without me telling it to, to 4.2ghz (since I had aftermarket cooling this was a non issue, but for some1 running stock cooling in a badly ventilated case I can see this causing issues. Check to make sure this is not ur case if you haven't already.

Although, it could be caused by a number of possible faulty components, from the processor to the motherboard. Once I even thought my brand new graphics card was faulty (visible artifacts) cause the way my case was designed (this was back in early 2003-4s, and DVI was just starting to emerge), the cable couldn't screw completely into the gpu and the loose cable was the only reason for artifacts!