Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
Rookie

Default 900$ Build from MemoryExpress.com

Hi guys, I ordered my pc parts monday at memoryexpress and I'm making this thread to do a follow up of their customer service (aswell as dicussion on the build if you want to).

Case: Cosrair 300R
Psu: Antec EA-650w 80+ bronze
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H
CPU: Intel core-i7 3770
RAM: 16gb corsair vengeance low profile 1600mhz - blue
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6850
Drive: None for the moment, budget limitation but I will buy a SSD in the following weeks/months.
Parts: PC Assembly from MemoryExpress

Total 842.41$ before taxes and shipping

This build is for video editing, not gaming. So far I'm impressed by memoryexpress customer care. I had a few questions before purchasing and they all answered them either by writing back to my e-mail or directly calling me (same day or next day).
  • I placed my order at 3:30 pm on monday and they processed my order before they closed (at 5:00 pm) aswell as accepting all my price matches (from Canadacomputers, directcanada, tigerdirect, ncix, newegg and bestdirect). So that was pretty fast at first.

• They sent me an e-mail regarding 2 products that were only available in open box only (RAM and GPU) but that they would provide the same warranty as a brand new one. They also asked me what I prefered between the 5% open box discount or the price beat discount. Unfortunately I wasn't home until late yesterday so I couldn't call back the same day so I called back today: I don't have any problem with open box. The lady from MemEx is going to send the info to the technicians today so they will finish my build either tomorrow or on Friday.
    *It's great that they notified me that the products were only available in open box only, they could just have thrown them into my build, but took the time to notify me.
Old June 27, 2012, 08:31 PM
Rookie

• They called today (while I was at work though, my father took the phone, he knows computer stuff a bit too, gratefully). I asked the GPU to be shipped in it's retail box an not in the build but they said they would keep it in the build, but make it so it wouldn't shake to much during shipping.

The card is 1.8 lbs and 8.5inches long, so hopefully it will be okay during shipping.
Old June 27, 2012, 09:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It'll be fine but a 6850 weighing 2 pounds? that sounds odd
Old June 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Wonder if that weight is shipping weight, which would add the weight of the box, accessories and packaging to the actual card.
Old June 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
Rookie

ahhhhh, that makes sens, the 1.8lbs is probably with all the packaging, wrapping, manuals etc. The only place I found the weight of the Sapphire 6850 is on amazon.com. So most probably it's the shipping weight, not the product weight.
Old June 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
Rookie

My order has been shipped. 3 buisness day for a pc assembly, pretty fast :) Now shipping from Calgary to Montreal, which is usually around 5 buisness days.

EDIT: Estimated delivery date: July 7th. 3 buisness as July 2nd is a holiday. Again pretty fast I've ordered bike stuff from Calgary before and it's always been between 4 to 6 buisness days. Can't wait to receive it!
Old June 28, 2012, 08:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

awesome man good luck!
Old June 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Rookie

I found cheaper prices for two of my item and the Über Price Beat policy says: "and if you find a better price within 7 days of purchase we'll beat that too". Problem is that the webstore is close on the week-end and monday is holiday (and it's the 7th day after my purchase).

I'll send them an e-mail, I can still try! Or maybe I can call directly the agent that called me concerning my open box products.

Antec EA 650w - 44.99$ at CanadaComputers: Canada Computers | Power Supplies | Antec EA-650 Green EarthWatts 650W Continuous Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze Certified

Sapphire Radeon 6850 132.42$: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 775MHZ 1G GDDR5 DL DVI-I + Sl DVI-D HDMI DisplayPort HDMI PCI-E Video Card - DirectCanada
Old July 4, 2012, 11:30 AM
Rookie

One of my two packages are on vehicle for delivery, my computer I supposed as I have one 30lbs package and a 10lbs one (which is still in transit), boxes of the parts I suppose.

The shipping is faster than I expected, now I just have to wait for my package... I hate waiting for packages (it's 13:30 here right now).
Old July 5, 2012, 12:17 AM
Rookie

I received everything today and I plugged in my HDD and Optical Drive but my optical drive won't be recognized by the computer! :( So I can't load any OS on the HDD. What to do?