Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2012, 01:41 AM
MVP

This is what I always use considering none of my builds in the past few years even had an optical drive. Viva la internet!
Old July 5, 2012, 04:37 AM
Rookie

Thank you I'll try that. USB deveice booting was my next option. hopefully that works....

Other than that the build looks really nice, the blue of the gigabyte Z77 UD3H, Corsair Vengeance LP blue and the backplate of the Sapphire 6850 are the exact same, making it really nice... except for the green antec psu haha.

Will definitly shop with MemoryExpress again.
Old July 5, 2012, 07:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Check to see the ODD's cables are attached properly and if so try another port but sounds nice
Old July 5, 2012, 10:07 AM
Rookie

I tried different cables and SATA ports but no luck. I just booted with a USB Flash Drive and it works fine though, hopefully everything will be good after Windows is installed :D
Old July 5, 2012, 12:06 PM
Rookie

I was stuck in a windows installation reboot problem until I read and read about it. I found a few saying when it restarts, remove your windows cd/usb drive, I did that and now I'm stuck at "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Problem is that it doesn't boot from the USB key anymore, it only boots with the HDD and I can't access to the bios in the beginning, even if I press the keys nothing happens it boots with the HDD.

EDIT: I got out of this 2nd boot loop problem. I turned off the computer remove the power cable, removed the HDD, plugged power in restarted the computer. Windows said there was no place found to install windows, I turned off the computer and installed the HDD again. Now it booted up and I'm trying to install windows again.

If I get stuck in the windows installer needs to restart to complete the installation loop again, I will remove memory module, as I read it was often one of the problem.

If that still doesn't work, I'll try re-putting Windows ISO on the USB Flash Drive again, maybe when I transferred it there was a problem.

Last edited by monocycliste; July 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old July 5, 2012, 01:26 PM
Rookie

Fixed it all!
Old July 6, 2012, 08:41 PM
Rookie

Sorry for bumping up this thread again, I just want to help anyone that will use the search fonction or google for memoryexpress purchase as I didn't really find much researching on google on on computer forums.

In the end, my shopping experience at MemoryExpress was really nice. Customer care is really good, receive all my stuff nicely installed no problem. The price beat is also amazing. The website is pretty nice too, much nicier than's most competitors.

note that my problems with HDD and ODD and Windows were not memoryexpress' fault as I ordered my custom built PC without those parts.

Moderator can close this thread. Thanks to eveyone on this forum that helped me with the build in my previoux threads.