Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2012, 06:44 AM
Rookie

updated list please check it out
Old June 26, 2012, 08:32 AM
Rookie

from the pureoverclock forum member Doctor_Death:

Skip the MS keyboard, and go eith the Corsair K90, also the Phanteks CPU coolers do out perform the D14. I'll tell you what, I have a brand new system that I built for Enermax with duel EVGA Classified GTX590s. I have the Gigabyte X79 UD7 installed, but if you perfer ASUS, I can swap it out for a new X79 Rampage 4 Formula. There's also a brand new Intel 3820, and a Lepa G1600 PSU. Blu-ray burner and a DVD burner, 16GBs of Geil 1600MHz, 240GB SSD and a WD 1TB drive. You can own this build for $1500 shipped

Here's a couple of photos, click to enlarge:

PureOverclock Forums
PureOverclock Forums

I can add a 3960X but not for $1500 lol if I switch out the UD7 and replace it with the Rampage 4 Formula, and add the 3960X I have to get at least $2200 which is still a hell of a deal. Just the Vision Tek Racer 240GB and the WD 1TB would set you back a little over $400, never mind the EVGA Classified GTX590s, beside the new GTX690s the 590's are still one of the fastest cards around.

Advice & Suggestions on first build under $3k budget

what do you think?
Old June 26, 2012, 09:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Check it out where, first post is gone now :o
Old June 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If your using the sound card purely for gaming, check out this one instead :

Newegg.ca - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro

As I stated before though you can get everything a lot cheaper if you just shop on ncix during their weekly sale. You could also get something like the h100 if you don't want to do full liquid cooling but want the benefits of low noise/good performance.

I would also get a better mech keyboard than a rosewill. Check out this site if you even want to get something a little more customized :

WASD Keyboards: Custom Mechanical Keyboards

Right now I am using a das black mech keyboard since blacks are usually preferred for gaming (and that is usually all I do). Here is a list of the different type of switches and some of the pros/cons of each :

Mechanical Keyboard FAQ: Pick the Right Switch | PCWorld
Old June 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
Rookie

Are the headphones I listed nicely compatible with the soundcard? I wan't 7.1 surround and listen to music that is at mid range.
Old June 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
Rookie

updated the list. switched to sabertooth z77 motherboard, canít choose between the two headsets so if any audiophiles could voice their opinions that would be great and i am still planning on downgrading to a 120gb ssd instead but donít know if i should go with the lower iOPS. I chose the creative card over asus ones as most gamers have mentioned better clarity for gaming and movies, for music asus ones are better certainly but iím not that big on music. which GPU 670/80 do you guys recommend since i wonít be hardcore OCing