Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2012, 04:40 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Preparing my new build

Hello fellow hardware cunackians.
Going to be building my new computer in about 5 months, i know its a long time in the tech world(im hoping it is) but this is the first time i am building a pc for its looks. I need your help to find/change a few bits.

1)The case is going to be the Silverstone Raven RV03, there is no changing the case and the build is going to be built around its colour scheme.

2)Looking for a black and gold mobo, closest i can find is Asrock Z77 Extreme 4.

3) Does anyone know any ram that is black and gold? the Corsair Vengeance gold seems a bit too much gold, and the other one i have been contemplating is the Patriot Viper Extreme(havnnt seen these in person, but hoping its more gold then bronze).

4) i5-3570k cooled by Corsair H80 with Noctua NF-F12(this is the only exception in the build).

5) PSU is the Seasonic X-660 with all black Bitfenix cable extensions.

6)Havnt picked a graphics card yet, looking for mid-high range gpu like the 7870. i want one with a black pcb or a black back plate(is it possible to buy a back plate?), the heat sink cover also has to be black and gold or just black. xfx is red and silver, msi has that blue circle thing on it, so both of those are a no-no. guessing i will have to wait till the gtx660 comes out.

7)To finish of the build i will be using BitFenix Alchemy White LED Strips.

So what do you guys think? are these the best parts for a black and gold build?

Thanks heaps guys.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:44 AM
Rookie

Where are you buying your parts from? (Country)

How much RAM do you need/want?

Last edited by monocycliste; June 20, 2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:48 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

From Australia, only 8 gigs
Old June 20, 2012, 04:55 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

sweet might try and get the GeIL Black Dragon if i can find them in australia, prices on ebay are insane.

o sorry i forgot to mention that i want a dual/tri fan design on the gpu. want to keep the computer as silent as possible, hoping HIS comes out with a dual fan card

thanks

Last edited by Cazushio; June 20, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old June 20, 2012, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You can buy a back-plate for a 670 from EVGA I think.. the Asus DCII is pretty much all black but 2 red stripes (on shroud, can't see it when installed)
Old June 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

o thanks Dzzope, i thought the asus back plate was blue, must of got confused with gigabyte. also just did abit of research on asus DCII cards and people say they are louder then other cards, i dont mind it being louder when gaming but will i hear the difference when idle?
Old June 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I can't hear mine ever... it never goes above 40% fan speed and 65c