RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
VGA - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce OC 2GB
PSU -Corsair AX850
HDD - OCZ 120GB Vertex 3
Fan Controller - Scythe Kazemaster II 4 Channel

Watercooling Setup:
XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock w/ 2 Blue LED's
Swiftech MCRx20-QP 360 Radiator
3 x Yate Loon D12SM-124SH 70CFM Blue LED Fan (PUSH)
3 x Gentle Typoon AP-15 58CFM (PULL)
Swiftech MCP-655-01 Adjustable Pump
Swiftech V2 Resevoir
2 x EK 1/2" Silver Compression Fittings for CPU Waterblock
3 x Feser 1/2" Black Compression Fittings for Rad/Res
Feser UV Green Tubing

Fans:
Rear Fan - Yate Loon D12SM-124SH 70CFM Blue LED Fan (INTAKE)
Front Fan - BetFenix Spectre Pro 148CFM Fan (INTAKE)

A couple questions guys.

Should I be running the rear fan as an intake or exhaust? It pushes a decent amount of air in the case and really hits all the critical spots it seems

The front click out Corsair fan panel is hindering the airflow performance of the Bitfenix fan by half. With it off it is night and day. What do you supposed I do?

I am fairly new to computers and I know I have a lot of technical things to learn. Overclocking is the next thing I want to tackle.

Regarding my CPU idle temps. I have a feeling I didn't put enough thermal paste on. I was using IC diamond and I may have been a little conservative about the paste application. I should be able to redo it without disassembling the watercooling setup.

Also, how bad is it to leave the side case panel off the pc?

I will get some more pictures, its just that the camera doesn't do the computer justice. The photos are so washed out and over exposed. the inside is very rich and vibrant in colour and the tubes really pop out. It's funny because I bought 4 x 6" UV cathodes from Dazmode, but the Yate Loon's are doing such a fantastic job of lighting the tubes that I don't think I will even install them.

Thanks!

Last edited by JoeOnePack; June 11, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old June 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The build looks great Kyle, glad everything worked out alright.

In regards to your thermal paste application, being conservative with the thermal paste is usually a good thing as you want the paste as thin as possible (too much paste will result in higher temps). If you are positive you used too little, you should probably re-check it though. I would drain the system to be on the safe side but you might be able to do it without. One thing you can also do to facilitate easier loop draining is to place a barb on the remaining port on the reservoir and get a an end barb like this:

Fill/Drain Port Sealing Plug w/ 3/8ID Tubing Barb - Black Spark Fill/Drain Port Sealing Plug w/ 3/8ID Tubing Barb - Black Spark [BP-BSWP-C32] - $9.99 : DazMode PC Watercooling Gear, Canadian Best PC Watercooling and Modding Store

You can easily drain your loop then.

The rear fan's airflow might be a difficult to gauge if it should be exhaust/intake as you have the rad right above it and it might benefit more from cool air intake as opposed to an exhaust. I would keep it as intake right now and just monitor your GPU temps (as it is recycling the air in your case). Once you get the video card under water, I would keep the rear as an intake. There is no physical damage from running your case with the side panel off, your case will just need to be more frequently cleaned (from the increase in dust).
Old June 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
Rookie

Dude,that look good =D im jelly