Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   New Builds (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/)
-   -   Video editing build - Where to buy parts from (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/new-builds/54545-video-editing-build-where-buy-parts.html)

monocycliste June 6, 2012 02:53 PM

Video editing build - Where to buy parts from

Hi,

I want to build a new computer as mine isn't powerfull enough. (AMD Phenom X3 8450, 3gb of DDR2 Ram 256mb GPU)

I'm not sure where I should buy my system from, either NCIX or MemoryExpress. I want to go with either of these because they offer price match/price beat and they also offer to build your system for you.

Here's how would be my build on NCIX or memoryexpress

Store: NCIX / MemoryExpress
Case: Antec One / Antec One
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 / Gigabyte Z77-D3H
CPU: Intel Core-i7 3770 / Intel Core-i7 3770
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4gb / G.Skill Ripjaws Z series 4x4gb
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon 6850 / Sapphire radeon 6850
Psu: XFX 650w 80+ bonze / Antec EarthWatts 650w 80+ bronze
Total: 807.28$ / 821.31$
Total + shipping: 902.43$ / 871.82

From what I've read on the internet, NCIX price match are usually accepted if you know how to do it properly. I haven't read so much good about MemoryExpress price beat. Also, MemoryExpress has low shipping charges but it doesn't have shipping insurances like NCIX does?

Thank you

p.s. I already have an HDD & and optical drive (aswell as mouse, keyboard, speakers and monitors)

dandelioneater June 6, 2012 03:36 PM

I would go with NCIX on ths one becasue you can pricematch all of your items in one order, where as with MemEx, you can only do 2 per order. NCIX will build the rig for 50 dollars I think. For NCIX to accept the price match, you just need to quote the price and website properly and the item has to be instock. Also, check product numbers to make sure you have the exact same item as pictures can sometimes be deceiving.

monocycliste June 6, 2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelioneater (Post 632624)
where as with MemEx, you can only do 2 per order

On the price beat page it says "There is a limit of 2 (two) Über Price Beats per item, per customer". So it's only per item, not per order, no?

tianfeng June 7, 2012 08:17 AM

It is 2 per item.

monocycliste June 7, 2012 11:21 AM

Sweet, thank you.

I'm considering even more memoryexpress now, the only this is the insurance for the shipping, it's only UPS Standard Shipping for 8.99$, so I don't get insurance for my shipping?

Even though it's considerably cheaper at memoryexpress I think I will go with NCIX just because of the shipping insurance, unless someone tells me the insurance is included in the shipping charges of MemoryExpress.

Squeetard June 7, 2012 11:34 AM

What are you going to use for editing software? I ask because adobe uses the cuda cores of nvidia hardware for acceleration. I'd get an nvidia graphics card.

monocycliste June 7, 2012 12:55 PM

Vegas pro.

pentiumvi June 7, 2012 08:13 PM

Also another note is that NCIX is price MATCH, while Memoryexpress is price BEAT.

Not sure about the shipping insurance. I'm sure you could either phone or email them to get that clarified.

monocycliste June 7, 2012 09:14 PM

I contacted memory express for the price beat thing and they confirmed is 2 price beat per item, not per order so that's good. I just sent them an e-mail asking about the shipping insurances.

monocycliste June 8, 2012 09:00 AM

MemoryExpress just called me back after I sent an e-mail (hopefully they have Canada wide with their plan, otherwise they have great customer service (in either case they do actually so far).

They can provide shipping insurances but it's not an option in the checkout system (yet). Unfortunately the lady I talked to wasn't able to give me an estimate of the cost of the shipping insurances, not even in % of the total cost, which is a bummer.

If I end up paying 50-60$ of shipping insurances, then I rather go back to NCIX as the saving I would have done with MemoryExpress will all be gone in the shipping insurances.