LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16, 2012, 02:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hyper 212? should be just fine
Old May 16, 2012, 06:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

32GB memory is overkill. Go with 16gb (2x8gb) and add an extra kit later on if needed.
Old May 16, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Make him get a k series chip... even if he doesn't want to oc it.. it should make the residuals better and gives him the option for the future..

For rendering, wouldn't a 79 board and a SB-E chip make more sense (if he does allot of rendering)
Runs cooler and is a bit better at the rendering stuffs while being great for games too.. might be overkill though.

Sounds to me like he really doesn't need a 2k budget.. Single 670 (with custom cooler) board chip ssd psu and ram.. You shouldn't be spending 2k on that...

Get him to invest in a decent monitor if he has the cash and want's an improvement in image quality..
24 / 27 inch ips (or pls for that samsung I still want) and he'll be a happy bunny.

If he's set on dual cards.. and spending the full 2k.. and doesn't want to invest in a good monitor.. why not go 690. :P
Costs about the same as 2 680's and is one hellofa card
Old May 17, 2012, 06:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Make him get a k series chip... even if he doesn't want to oc it.. it should make the residuals better and gives him the option for the future..
Considering we might move back to to a single 670 (at least for now), bumping up to the 3770K might be an option.

Quote:
For rendering, wouldn't a 79 board and a SB-E chip make more sense (if he does allot of rendering)
Runs cooler and is a bit better at the rendering stuffs while being great for games too.. might be overkill though.
Rendering is a side thought though. He would "like" to be able to do some rendering and modeling on this computer, but gaming is first and foremost, and quite frankly the SB-E chips are overkill in price.

Quote:
Sounds to me like he really doesn't need a 2k budget.. Single 670 (with custom cooler) board chip ssd psu and ram.. You shouldn't be spending 2k on that...
Trust me, no one needs to spend 2K on a computer. He wants to spend 2K on a computer. I'm not one to argue with this. I will get him as close to $2K as possible, per his request. He would like the majority of it to go at video cards.

Quote:
Get him to invest in a decent monitor if he has the cash and want's an improvement in image quality..
24 / 27 inch ips (or pls for that samsung I still want) and he'll be a happy bunny.
Already planned. In a seperate budget from this $2K.

Quote:
If he's set on dual cards.. and spending the full 2k.. and doesn't want to invest in a good monitor.. why not go 690. :P
Costs about the same as 2 680's and is one hellofa card
If I could seriously find a 690 in stock anywhere on this planet I would consider it.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well If he wants a 2 k spend, give him it... 2k Should get you a sb-e build with a 690.. JUST

Or a nice water loop?

Gainward GeForce GTX 690 4096MB PCI-Express GDDR5 Graphics Card [426018336-2661]

7 in stock.. Good luck with the delivery... ( and thats is the right price for UK... we get ripped off)