Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2012, 05:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would wait. The new Ivy Bridge CPU's (at least the Core i5 & i7 quads) should be released on the 29th. They are going to be around the same price point as the current Sandy Bridge processors at least that is what is being speculated.

Here is my recommendation for manufacturers.

Motherboards: ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock, MSI
Video Cards: EVGA, Zotac, ASUS, MSI
SSD: Intel, Crucial, Patriot, Mushkin
Hard Drives: Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi
RAM: Corsair, G.SKILL, Mushkin
Power Supply: Corsair, Silverstone, Seasonic
Old April 14, 2012, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect

Hmm.. I read about the ivy and really for a 10% performance increase ,integrated graphics (bah) and built in usb 3 (dont mobos already have that built in ) oh and lower power consumption (Oooo wow :P )
I think Ill stick to the sandy bridge for now until the bugs are worked out (remember the first gen of i7 got recalled) .
I believe my benefit to this new cpu would be lower 2nd gen (sandy's) prices hopefully sooner than later :) . What do you think ?