Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2012, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just to add on the case, what XNine said "360/380 rad supported in the top with no modding" .. it doesn't require modding, but you have take out part of the 5 1/4" bay walls, which take 9 screws or so and it can be quite annoying..

Personally I like the HAF-X, excellent case. As mentioned Bitfenix is a nice case, but the fact that it lacks any front opening for airflow is kinda lame... HAF-X you can't go wrong!
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old May 7, 2012, 08:24 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Just to add on the case, what XNine said "360/380 rad supported in the top with no modding" .. it doesn't require modding, but you have take out part of the 5 1/4" bay walls, which take 9 screws or so and it can be quite annoying..

Personally I like the HAF-X, excellent case. As mentioned Bitfenix is a nice case, but the fact that it lacks any front opening for airflow is kinda lame... HAF-X you can't go wrong!
My 360 rad fits up top without removing anything.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

I have put an RX 360mm with push/pull 120mm fans inside both the HAF X , and the HAF 932 without removing a single part.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:16 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:

The mesh strips and vents on the bottom of the front panel is adequate for airflow. In conjunction, you also get a more sleek design (if that's what you're after), and a more silent PC.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
My 360 rad fits up top without removing anything.
I was talking about fitting a Triple rad on the NZXT chassis. You can watch the HWC review of it..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old May 7, 2012, 03:20 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
I was talking about fitting a Triple rad on the NZXT chassis. You can watch the HWC review of it..
Yes, I know. I have the Switch 810 sitting right next to me with a 360 Rad in the top with zero modding, and I also work for NZXT. So... perhaps their review is flawed?

Edit: Just watch the review, and sure enough. He's dead wrong. In fact, in the very spot he says you have to remove the screws is where my radiator sits, with the fans above it under the top panel.

Last edited by XNine; May 7, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 06:30 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Full tower case

Sorry if I am bit late on this thread,

Here my 2 , I recently built a rig for my wife using the NZXT Phantom. I must say I was impressed with that case. It's cavernous, cable management is above average, dust filters, built quality. Comes in may colors... You can't go wrong with this pick. Just make sure you have the space, because like I said this is a behemoth of a case.

Old May 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurmer View Post
Sorry if I am bit late on this thread,

Here my 2 , I recently built a rig for my wife using the NZXT Phantom. I must say I was impressed with that case. It's cavernous, cable management is above average, dust filters, built quality. Comes in may colors... You can't go wrong with this pick. Just make sure you have the space, because like I said this is a behemoth of a case.
Oh god, another one of these.... went from everyone buying antec 300/600/900, to HAF 912/922/932/X, to Phantoms, and corsair cases, how about lets choose what we think looks good, not what everyone else bought(2/3 the things are in my PC because everyone else doesn't use them)
Old May 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
Oh god, another one of these.... went from everyone buying antec 300/600/900, to HAF 912/922/932/X, to Phantoms, and corsair cases, how about lets choose what we think looks good, not what everyone else bought(2/3 the things are in my PC because everyone else doesn't use them)
I hardly see the relevance of this post. The OP is asking opinions about full tower cases and that's what he's getting which is a clever move. If you like to make your own choices and use none mainstream parts no one is forcing you to ask for opinions but the OP might have another POV on the matter...