Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
The new ZT series are super stable/reliable and recommended by many actually...P.S. I have had an OCZ modxstream 700 for years and it purrs like a kitten same as day one.
I Dunno about that the OEM is Great Wall which isn't exactly well known, they make some TT PSU's that are known to crap out.
Old February 26, 2012, 06:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I Dunno about that the OEM is Great Wall which isn't exactly well known, they make some TT PSU's that are known to crap out.
So all these reviewers are liars then ? Including my own experience with using one and still using a OCZ 700 watt unit.
OCZ ZX Series 850 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
OCZ Fatal1ty 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Power Supply Review | PC Perspective
Old February 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
The new ZT series are super stable/reliable and recommended by many actually...P.S. I have had an OCZ modxstream 700 for years and it purrs like a kitten same as day one.
IDK about that one thing that scared me off from the ZT series is the strange fix? that OCZ did on the ZT. Particularly the 3 soldered over wires on the back of the PCB.

Source: HARDOCP - Build Quality - OCZ ZT Series 650W Power Supply Review

They also gave the PSU a fail. There are other reviews like this from other sites this just happened to be the first one that popped up when I googled it. If they've fixed this then I retract this post.

Also I hate to sound like a broken record but the brands I trust are Corsair, XFX, Seasonic for PSUs. Even though I do own an OCZ and a Cougar CMX psu. A 650W unit should be plenty considering my system which should pull the same as or more power than the one you're building only uses about 400W from the wall full load folding on the GPU and CPU.

Zotac is a pretty good brand make sure you register your card so that you get the full warranty.
Also 212 Evo is a great cooler.

SSDs only help performance when you always have to read/write data to the drive. SO if you really care about load times then go for the SSD otherwise I would go for the mobo myself. As for the ram you should be able to get it to work but you'll have to do some overclocking to get it to the rated speeds. I myself have patriot memory "designed" for intel core i3,i5,i7 and it runs perfectly fine.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.

Last edited by Silent_Avenger; February 26, 2012 at 07:08 PM.