Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > New Builds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2012, 05:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

those outta the box water cooling solutions were made for girls with long finger nails and only knows how to hold an turn screw driver.?...what way was it ! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp
Honestly I'd still go for air cooling if you have low profile RAM, looks much nicer IMHO
yes but with air your losing proformance and time cleaning replacing fans on heatsinks with air set-up. for air cooling has been cheap/easy solution for cooling things.

Along comes no fuss water cooling assembled kits with better parts/materals and easy on the ears

Last edited by KaptCrunch; February 25, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old February 25, 2012, 05:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
those outta the box water cooling solutions were made for girls with long finger nails and only knows how to hold an turn screw driver.?...what way was it ! lol

yes but with air your losing proformance and time cleaning replacing fans on heatsinks with air set-up. for air cooling has been cheap/easy solution for cooling things.

Along comes no fuss water cooling assembled kits with better parts/materals and easy on the ears
I have never ever had a fan die on me, used air up until 4 months ago when I was given a RASA kit, and I can tell you for a 130 watt i7, h-50 h-60 were terrible, I replaced them with a silver arrow, and it absolutely crushed the closed loop coolers(payed $72 for silver arrow, about same for h-50, h60 wa $80 plus ship) Also had to buy better fans for the closed loop coolers, and not for the high end air cooler. I will never ever buy a closed loop again, I see no benefit other then the supposedly never leaking, but we all know anything can leak.